Not a Mustang. What do you think??

• Hi Rene,

One of these beauties attended a car show

ran by SCAT (Shelby Cobra Association of Texas)

at Double Tree Hotel here in Dallas about 10

years ago.I have a picture of it. Very exotic

with right hand steering and brought quite a

lot of attention.

/Bo

• COOL CAR. Thanks for sharing!

By the way for those who don't recognize it - this IS the car they used in MAD MAX !!!!

There is an AUSSIE Actor who recently showed video on Leno of himself CRASHING his FULLY RESTORED GT during a Rally Race - and he was behind the wheel - same color as this one - looked bad - he walked away, but the car was hurt BAD! This was his first car (teenager) and he hung onto it - restored it to show - then re-restored it to show and race - then he drove it beyond his skill!! I HATE to see this happen! Anyone else catch that show.

• Official Post

I had a customer with one of these a couple of years ago. It reminded me of a small version of a 70 Torino except for the right hand drive. The master cylinder was quite small for being a dual cylinder. It had a 351 Cleveland and was a blast to drive around town sitting on the wrong side.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Any of you guys seen these things over there in the US?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Sure...There was a bunch of them featured at the All Fords Nationals at Carlisle a couple of years ago. Speaking of Carlisle, I have to finish packing so I can get on the road to Carlisle for this year's edition. The weather is going to be summer like with temperatures in the 80's.

• I think I saw this car on "Mad Max."

I'm not sure but maybe they did use one for the movie?

I've seen this one at the Imperial Palace Auto Collection. It's an interesting car. The "Collection's" cars are mostly on consignment and very high asking prices, I think they double whatever the owner wants for it and ask that. I don't know what a reasonable price for this car might be.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi all.

This isn't a Mustang. It's our version of a muscle car. Ford Australia Falcon GT (replica) Coupe. Any of you guys seen these things over there in the US?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Edited by - LuvKcodes on 06/04/2007 10:50:41

• Seen a few over here through the years and of course a fair number of them in NZ and Australia.

Almost bought one on a whim ... Kind of a cross between our 70-71 Torino on the rear and the 71-3 Mustang (with 4 headlights) on the front. At least they look more attractive than the four door Falcons we see from over there

Edited by - J_Speegle on 06/01/2007 19:00:51

• LuvKcodes,

Yes they did use this body style in Mad Max - it was the "last of the V8 Interceptors" flat black car near the end of the movie - you know the one with the giant blower sticking out of the hood that Max uses to chase down The Toe Cutter, Blond, and the rest of the motorcycle gang.......YES I love the MOVIE!!! AND I've seen it WAY too many times!

Not sure, but the car may also have made an appearance in the next movie - The Road Warrior - I'll have to go watch that one this weekend!

I was also fond of the little panel wagon his wife drove in the movie - reminds me a TON of a Vega panel wagon my parents had when I was a kid - looked to be small block V8 FoMoCo powered too.

Rene - any idea what that car (truck??) was?

ssjroberts - YES that's the guy! He looked a little sick when he showed that clip on Leno - I guess I would be too watching something like that over and over! I'll bet it will be fixed again at some point.

Edited by - RalphJr on 06/01/2007 20:06:03

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have seen them and I think they are great.

(To this day there are great Ford products in Australia that are not available in North America.)

The current Falcon with the 4.0L DOHC Turbo engine is AWESOME!!! I had one to drive for a few days and it was a riot. 14 sec, 25mpg, 4dr family car that looked cool too.

If FoMoCo would get those Aussie cars to meet US crash tests maybe they could make a profit in the US again?

Rene - any idea what that car (truck??) was?

Hey Ralph.

The interceptor was in the second movie as well, you are quite correct. The panel wagon (we call them panel vans here) off the top of my head was a 1975 Holden Sandman. I haven't seen the movie since I was a kid. I remember an arm hanging of the roof rack which totally freaked me out, probably the reason why I haven't seen it since.

I think this is the one you're talking about:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/madmax/panelvan/index.html

Check out this link for a history of the Mad Max Interceptor:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/interceptor/history1.html

There's stories going around that a new Mad Max movie is going to be made. Anyone hear any info on this?

Regards,

René

• I saw two of these at a Ford show in the Seattle area today, both owned by tha same guy. One was an original "Cobra" version, unrestored with relatively low miles and original white/blue paint and Cobra emblem. Didn't know this version even existed, he had a vintage ad displayed with the car which was IIRC #349 of 400? Sure wish I had paid more attention.

Dave
    6S1757

• [Blocked Image: http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/…/55624_00mg.jpg]

The Cobra's were quite tame. I believe Ford Australia used the Cobra to get rid of the outgoing falcon bodies. The 351 engine only produced around 217bhp which isn't a lot for that type of car considering the 1976 XB GT was producing 290bhp, again not really that much.

Here's more info on the Cobra:

http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Ford/Falc…25yrs110903.htm

Regards,

René

• I remember seeing Mel Gibson interviewed on some TV show awhile back and he said he wouldn't be in another Mad Max or Lethal Weapon movie. Apparently George Miller, the Mad Max director, is sill planning another Mad Max but has said Mel is "too old" so he'll have to find another lead. Gibson is pretty busy with his own projects anyway.

[/quote]

There's stories going around that a new Mad Max movie is going to be made. Anyone hear any info on this?

Regards,

René

[/quote]

• Rene,

Thanks for the great links!

Funny you should mention the "hand" or arm scene.....freaked me out too!

Yes that is the panel wagon - I'll have to go watch the film a little closer when "MAX" is working on the engine - if it is a Holden then it should be GM V8 powered.

• I like "The Road Warrior" way better than "Mad Max". Didn't care at all for "Beyond Thunder Dome". Amazing that car (and the stunt people) survived.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!