65 Mustang Fastback Rangoon Red with black standard interior is for sale on Craigs List Boston with a price of $124,900.00 or make offer:
Stunning 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback K-Code. Pre-GT Production.
This no-expense spared, 2-year full rotisserie restoration 1965 Mustang K-Code Fastback is an absolutely breathtaking example of the Pony-Car era showcasing the Ford Motor Company performance peak of a dealer-ordered car in the day.
Assembled in Dearborn, Michigan, on December 22, 1964 it was delivered to a distribution sales office in Buffalo, New York, for its new owner. Glowing in J-Code Rangoon Red gloss with a complimenting standard black vinyl bucket seat interior, this 4-speed model was motivated by a 289ci High Performance V-8. In June 1964, Ford introduced the 289 CI High-Performance V-8 as a Mustang option. A mechanical lifter camshaft, higher compression ratio and a bigger carburetor pumped 271 HP from the HiPo version of the 289, a notable increase over the standard V-8’s 210 HP. A letter K in the Mustang’s VIN designated this option, so HiPo-equipped Mustangs came to be known as K-code cars. The HiPo 289 was available with the GT Equipment Group when it was introduced on the Mustang’s first anniversary in April 1965.
This particular car’s December 1964 build date means it was ordered BEFORE the GT option existed, making it quite rare and differentiating it from the actual GT Production cars. When the HiPo 289 was specified, it came with other mandatory equipment, including a 4-speed manual transmission, a 9-inch rear end and a heavy-duty suspension. The 9-inch rear in this car has 4.11 gears and a limited-slip differential. The optional disc brakes add to the car’s performance profile complimented by a set of 14-inch styled steel wheels, hubcaps and redline tires, upgraded to a radial version for even better road handling in today’s world. Below are the highlights of the car:
• Pre-GT build, dated December 22, 1964
• Fastback 2+2 • Rangoon Red/ Standard Black Vinyl Interior
• Professional Rotisserie restoration using all NOS parts, when available
• Matching numbers engine and transmission
• Factory 9 inch Rear w/4.11 to 1 Gear ratio w/Tag
• Factory Limited Slip Differential • K-Code 289 4v CI engine with correct matching internals
• Factory Correct 4V Autolite 4100 Carb
• Carburetor has the correct aluminum tag
• Complete and very rare Arvinode Exhaust system
• Rebuilt Factory Toploader 4-speed transmission
• Rebuilt Factory 4 speed shifter
• Factory Front Disc brakes
• NOS Radiator hoses • Washer delete
• Factory correct Driveshaft w/ Markings
• Original Steel Wheels and hubcaps
• Correct Date coded Rebuilt Radiator w/ Shroud
• Correct Date coded Dual point Distributor
• Correct Button top Fuel Pump
• Correct Date coded Intake and Exhaust manifolds
• Correct Date coded Water pump
• Completely Factory K-code Front Suspension
• Completely Rebuilt Rear suspension.
Car Stored in MA with Clean Title and documentation of the entire restoration process.
Call Jeff for more details and information or to arrange an appointment to see this spectacular K Code Mustang.