5R09K136920

• Nice looking car. However, unless I read the tag wrong it is to early to be a factory GT or factory Deluxe Interior (Pony). O' well.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Nice looking car. However, unless I read the tag wrong it is to early to be a factory GT or factory Deluxe Interior (Pony). O' well.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

you're right about that - as a matter of fact this one is just about as early as they get

• Door Tag is definitely a REPO and the car is not a factory 63B Deluxe interior or GT car by the date - these options were not available until Feb or March '65 and the car is dated September '64.

Can't tell for sure if the carb has the choke stop from the picture - if it is not there the carb is a fake.

Someone did a nice job of putting all the details on the car and the added GT and Deluze stuff - just not 100% like it left the factory.

Over-all nice looking car - price is as expected for a dealer, "resale" red, and the "GT - Deluxe interior" adder which isn't accurate for the car but I'm sure the dealer expects.

• Official Post

It is not that easy to see but the carb does have the choke stop.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• It's a great looking car. It's fairly easy to take of the GT bits and return it to a non-GT, I had to do it on mine. Wouldn't this have been a transverse dual car?

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Too much red for me and I don't care for non-authentic features especially that aftermarket door tag. It tells us the Kar came with a pony interior when it did not. It's just not right.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Too much red for me and I don't care for non-authentic features especially that aftermarket door tag. It tells us the Kar came with a pony interior when it did not. It's just not right.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I couldn't agree more...

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Just spoke to the Dealer and he said he sold it to a guy from Canada for 65K...

So he said it was a full rotesserie resto??

Still a good price

Tony

• If it really sold for that price, it sits well for those fortunate people who already own a k-code. It's bad news for people who are looking for a k-code. I know two classic car dealers and they have both indicated to me that they feel k-code prices are set to take a big increase in price in the near future due to the prices of shelbys.

• I think that some magazine articles used to tell people to get a new door tag made so that it would match the car. Of course, they also advocated cutting the rear panel to fit Cougar taillights with sequential blinkers... That may have been fine in the '70s when they were just "old cars", but it turns the stomach now.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> sold it to a guy from Canada for 65K<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That's great......

If it really sold for that price, it sits well for those fortunate people who already own a k-code. It's bad news for people who are looking for a k-code. I know two classic car dealers and they have both indicated to me that they feel k-code prices are set to take a big increase in price in the near future due to the prices of shelbys.

I fully agree. A GT K code fastback just sold locally for $54,000.

The car was in good shape, but the paint was a ten-footer. K codes will go up because of the untouchable (for most of us) price of shelbys.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!