6F09K141847

• http://www.investmentmotorcars.net/inventory/deta…code/detail.htm

Nice looking 2+2 GT K in Florida. Price 85K.

This beautiful & very rare Mustang is one of the few real & all original K-codes to hit the market in recent times. It was ordered in this wonderful "V" code Emberglo finish w/a contrasting Emberglo & Parchment Deluxe Pony interior. I have never seen another fastback w/this color combo & it is breathtaking ! The paint if fairly fresh & well done. The Pony interior is 100% original out of the factory, other than the floor carpeting. It is an amazing site to see how beautiful this interior looks being 41 years old. This K-code is also equipped w/a Factory Top Loader 4 Spd.transmission. But the best part of all is that this K-code was ordered w/a Factory "GT" package that included: Fog Lights in the original front grille, Dual Exhaust pipes like trumpets thru the back valance, Front Disc Brakes w/idenity tag on the brake foot pad, deleted back bumper guards, a "fog" inscribed toggle switch for the fog lights, GT instumentation w/5 dials on the dash & "GT" badging on the lower front fenders along w/side stripes & a GT gas cap. This K-code is also equipped w/a wood steering wheel, Rally Pack Gauges w/a tach & a clock & a fold down back seat. This is pretty much a near perfect survivor having all original body panels & rear quarters, as well as the complete floorpan w/the exception of 1 small area around the tranny tunnel which was replaced professionally. It was completed on October 18th, 1965 & has a matching # 289/271 HP Hi-Po motor bearing it's original chassis # as it should. It is also wearing a new set of proper Style Steel wheels & double red line Bias-ply tires to complete the gorgeous look. This is the car that Carroll Shelby took under his wing to win dozen's of road races around the world. These original K-codes are rarely on the market for sale...but I have not seen one equipped in this color combo & having it's original powertrain in many years ! This is a real "GT" equipped K-code Fastback that will surely be worth t's weight in Gold in the near future.

• Bloody beautiful and bloody expensive. Is that the right location for the VIN stamping on the block? It doesn't look like it's by the oil pan?

RP

• For that asking price, he should fix many of the glaring problems in the engine compartment and it should be properly detailed. It looks far from an "All original survivor" to me. Just because it has original FOMOCO sheetmetal, that doesn't make it a "survivor". I've also seen quite a few Mustangs with that color combo in both convertible and fastback. All of them were GTs as well. I just can't get over the way some dealers describe their cars...

• The block VIN is correct - You can see the coolant drain plug and hole for battery cable mounting - BUT why the cable isn;t there is a good question.

"LOOKS" like a nice car - maybe a 3-5 footer, but I see a lot of poor workmanship for this price - it is NOT worth 85 grand IMHO with that low level of detail and workmanship. Typical dealer hype.

• The one thing I have noticed is that either a car can "sell itself", or the dealer relies on Hyperbole to create an illusion designed to fog over the deficiencies. He may pull the wool over someones eyes, but the majority of us can see through this charade. Very strong $ for a car that is missing almost all attention to detail. Looks like the body was painted all together <in my opinion>, and the entire engine bay needs help. I do like the interior though I can't get enough detail on my PC.

I most like it when they try to "tie" the sale item to the top dog of a particular company product <Just like a Hemi! Dealer installed Paxton & "Go fast" kit, "Period correct <insert part here> blah blah blah... Sure, it's a K code, and the 350's were K's, but "virtually what Ford sent to Shelby" is a stretch of the imagination, and shows his lack of knowledge in this particular area, and imediately makes any other statement suspect as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>will surely be worth t's weight in Gold in the near future.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The key to the thing is "Investment Motor Cars". Absolutely no mention of "fun to drive" or "turns heads on cruise night" or "roars down the road. They could care less whether it is car, a stamp collection, or a stack of baseball cards. It is simply $$$.

Lyle E.

The Golden Rule: "He with the gold rules, unfortunately."

• They got white paint on the brake handle bracket & air vent knob bracket, and left the pedal arms rusty. There are lots of details that could easily have been done better if they wanted to ask for such a price.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

For that asking price, he should fix many of the glaring problems in the engine compartment and it should be properly detailed. It looks far from an "All original survivor" to me. Just because it has original FOMOCO sheetmetal, that doesn't make it a "survivor". I've also seen quite a few Mustangs with that color combo in both convertible and fastback. All of them were GTs as well. I just can't get over the way some dealers describe their cars...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

They got white paint on the brake handle bracket & air vent knob bracket, and left the pedal arms rusty. There are lots of details that could easily have been done better if they wanted to ask for such a price.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Looks likes the undercarriage was detailed with a rattle can...

Considering the way the pictures look, it would be surprising if it brings even half the <i>Buy It Now</i> price.

• In response to KAPDAVM, the axle housing can be correct for an early 66 Kar. It should also have the early Hipo motor mounts but it does not have them. The reason that I say that is that one of my Kars is a December 1, 1965 Kar and it does have the early Hipo mounts although according to the Ford parts book the change to the standard mount was November 1, 1965. This Kar has a replacement C8ZE balancer, a Gypo air cleaner and export brace and a generic Holley carb. If you look at the pictures in the actual auction you will get a kick out of the park brake return spring. It is stuck into one of the seat access plugs. It appears to me that the front to rear frame rails at the trans crossmember were replaced and they did not drill the holes for the brake return spring. That would explain the odd placement of the spring. It appears that the undercar detail was done by just painting everything with primer including the brake lines and cables. No effort was made to remove or mask anything. The original interior is a nice touch but the hole in the side of the drivers seat would warrant replacement or at least a repair in my eyes.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

If you look at the pictures in the actual auction you will get a kick out of the park brake return spring. It is stuck into one of the seat access plugs.

[Blocked Image: http://photos.imageevent.com/carsandguitars/ebay/k27c.jpg]

I need to remove my seats to put in a console. Is it right that I have to remove these plugs to gain access to the seat bolts? I know it's a stupid question, I love cars, but know nothing, well not about these things anyway.

RP

PS sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread

• Yup, the plugs need to come out. I recomend a 1/2 inch deep wall socket with a three inch extension for the front pairs and a one inch extension for the rear pairs. The odds are that on your first attempts, you will knock one of the nuts off the socket and it will rattle around inside the platform for a while until you get a 'claw' to fish it out.

Jim

• Odd how they painted the car with the fenders on, guess the extra paint on the inner fenders would make the VIN stamp look like it was near the correct location. Seems to be several inches from it's normal location

• The underside of the trunk lid looks wrong for some reason (round holes?), and the floor pans & lower parts of the rear frame rails are beat up. Look at that missing rubber plug in the photo of the parking brake spring. The front floor pans look like they were put in with tile glue.

[Blocked Image: http://photos.imageevent.com/carsandguitars/ebay/k17.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://photos.imageevent.com/carsandguitars/ebay/k28.jpg]

The underside of the trunk lid looks wrong for some reason (round holes?)...................

Trunk lid is correct for the car.... lots of bottle jacks used on the rear frame rails over the years (typical), rear springs look like some of the Mustangs Plus things. and yes that looks like Rustoleum Lots of cans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!