• Did not meet reserve @ $21,211.00

E-Bay Listing 65 K FB

Seller: "jantk88"

Car located in Higganum, CT

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Selling 1965 Mustang 2+2 K-code. Poppy red exterior with Palimino standard interior.

Options: 289K, 4-speed, disc brakes, 5 Original S/S Wheels, Cobra Intake, Non GT Tri-Y headers, custom hi-po exhaust system.

Rebuilt engine, transmission, new suspension, new front end, new brake lines, new gas lines, new discs and drums, new shocks, and new gas tank. Drives better than it did in 1965.

For more information call John at 860-345-8745.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…07937&rd=1&rd=1

*Not having any luck loading pic's

Edited by - 66tiger on 06/30/2007 13:07:29

• Has the bottom fell out that bad on the values or did a deal get made "off-line".

Seems bidding never go to high for a K Fastback. Heck, I've seen C-code fastbacks go for that much.

• Hi all.

I don't get how you are surprised it didn't go higher. To me there's not enough detail for me to safely bid on the car. I have no idea how original it is. Sure it looks alright but I'd need more info, and never judge a car on pics alone. The owner has left his number on the ebay ad, maybe people did ring him for more info but didn't get the "right" answers in relation to originality /history etc.

I've seen this car before somewhere. It was either on Hemmings or Collector Car Trader Online. I recognise the hood pins and some other details.

Just my two cents worth.

Regards,

René

Edited by - rene.pilat on 05/31/2007 14:47:24

• I saw this car at cruise night yesterday, and it looked really nice and complete. It has all the right parts, and is a high quality restoration. I didn't catch the owner though.

• Listed for <b>$44,900</b>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>1965 FORD MUSTANG, A high-performance version of the 289 engine was introduced late in the 1963 model year as a special order for Ford Fairlanes and Mercury Comets. The engine is informally known as the "HiPo" or the K-code (after the engine letter used in the VIN of cars so equipped). Starting in June 1964, it became an option for the Mustang. The HiPo engine was engineered to increase performance and high-RPM reliability over standard 289 fare. It had solid lifters with hotter cam timing; 10.5:1 compression; a dual point, centrifugal advance distributor; smaller combustion chamber heads with cast spring cups and screw-in studs; low restriction exhaust manifolds; and a bigger, manual choke 595 CFM carburetor (std 289 4v was 480 CFM). The water pump, fuel pump, and alternator/generator pulley were altered; fewer vanes, extra spring, and larger diameter respectively; to help handle the higher RPMs. Even the HiPos fan was unique. Bottom end improvements included thicker main bearing caps and balancer, larger diameter rod bolts, and a hardness tested and counterweighted crankshaft, all for high-rpm reliability. The HiPo carried SAE gross ratings of 271 hp (202 kW) @ 6000 rpm and 312 ft7lbf (423 N7m) @ 3400 rpm. California car, listed in K-Code registry, Cobra intake, hi-po exhaust, rebuilt motor (4K), concour front suspension, brakes and gas tank. Only 7273 of the 680,989 Mustangs built in 1965 were K-Code (1.0%) Classic Insurance available. Shown by appointment only.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<center>ad link

</center>

• The current seller at least seems more Hipo educated than most.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• RELISTED AGAIN

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Up for auction is a 1965 2+2 Mustang K-code fastback. Originally a California car registered in the Hi-Po Registry. This car comes with a rebuilt blueprinted and balanced 289 K-code Hi-Po motor, rebuilt 4-speed top-loader transmission, disc brakes, cobra intake, original S/S wheels and custom Hi-Po 2 1/2" Exhaust system. It is a rare non-GT car with tri-y headers installed. The engine compartment has been blasted and detailed to concours; and the front suspension has been detailed to concours. It has new front and rear brakes, new gas line, new brake lines and a new gas tank. It is a very clean car with no rust. Turns heads whenever I drive it. It is Poppy Red with Palomino standard interior. It has a fold-down rear seat and rally pack gauges.

I encourage interested bidders to inspect this car before bidding. You will not be disappointed by this great piece of American automobile history. Drives and looks great. Winning bidder is responsible for pick-up or delivery. For more information or to schedule a viewing, call Johnny at 860-345-8745 or e-mail me at boss-mustang@sbcglobal.net.

Discussed here before:

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…rms=5f09k732438

• Relisted on E-Bay

By seller "griff5079"

Car in Avon, CT

Similar listing info from previous listings which have boilerplate K code specs/info except additional information of:

Major work completed in 1996. Maintained in show condition. Never driven in bad weather. Was hit on passenager rear quarter which was restored. Paint is in very good condition with only minor chipping. Only driven under 3K miles since 2006. Runs and sounds very strong. The driver seat needs minor repair to stand straight up. The motor is a true 289 HIPO but not the original motor when is was built. No rust on this original California car which was restored in Florida. It has a very clean under carriage.I am selling for a friend. Please contact should you have any questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/196…1QQcmdZViewItem

• This Kar has a repro data plate. I will give credit to the fact that someone did not make up the data plate to match a pony interior or date change for a phony GT. This helps give some credibility in my eyes.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This kar has been on the Manchester Motor Cars (Manchester Ct) website (consignment I'm sure)for quite a while and is listed there for $39,900. I have seen it at various local cruises over the last few summers and while I have not gone over it in any great detail it is a very nice looking kar with no obvious issues that come to the eye.

Jack

• Dave, I stand corrected on this as I failed to notice the "reserve not met". I need to open my eyes more in the early morning hours when I read the auction!! I am deleting my previous post on this.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The archives sure are a help when researching a Kar on this forum!!

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!