Mustang & Ford Small Block V8 book

• Just as information, amazon.com was listing my book as unavailable. It is available, but not through amazon.com. They changed their policies for special orders and have made it impossible for me to sell through them and not lose money. I have asked amazon.com to remove my book from their website so as not to mislead customers into thinking the book is out-of-print. If you would like one, order through my website at http://www.fordsmallblock.com. It is the best price you can find outside of a used one. Sales have not been as strong as I had hoped, so there will only be one printing. When they are all gone (it will probably be a while), no more will be printed, but the website will remain to support the book. Bob Mannel (author)

Edited by - bobmannel on 06/20/2008 21:39:31

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

...Sales have not been as strong as I had hoped, so there will only be one printing. When they are all gone (it will probably be a while), no more will be printed...Bob Mannel

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

What a pity...it is the best reference book on the venerable small block Ford on the planet.

• Bob,

Sorry to hear it. I purchased your book for my father who spent 50 years working in a junk yard and he was very impressed by your book. I have been meaning to purchase my own copy for the longest time, and as such I just visited your web site and ordered the book. Thank you for your amazing effort to put this book together and your insights at this site.

Mark

• BOB, This is terrible news! I purchased your GREAT book to aid me in rebuilding/restoring my '65 "K" convertible, what can we do to help you to get the word out about your book??

• Hello Bob,

You signed my copy at the National Mustang Show in Franklin, Tennessee on September 4, 1998. I took my son, my book and a ton of hi po and boss parts. We had a great time. I recommend your book and the 289 hipo book to everyone that I meet with an interest in Mustangs and Fords.

Good Luck!

Ron

• Convention wisdom in publishing is that you double the cost of creating and print a book for the wholesale price, then double that again for the retail price. My book cost me $15 to create and publish -- that is materials and printing, and does not include the 17 years of labor. So the book should retail for $60. That would never work, so I used $50. But, that would mean selling wholesale for $25. Unfortunately, the $10 I would make per book on such a low volume would be completely eaten away by business expenses. And that is the problem with amazon.com. They used to let me sell by special order with a 20% discount to them. Now they are asking for much more.

Bottom line, it is very difficult to put together a book like this and make it profitable (which the IRS eventually requires to deduct business expenses). That is why you don't often see books like this one. It's just the way things are.

• I, for one, really appreciate all of your efforts on this book. I have made a number of people step up and order one from you.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• First, thanks for the orders. A bit of a spike the last few days, which is very helpful.

Yes, I do ship to Australia, but it is expensive ($38.95). It must go by Air Mail (6-10 days). I charge only what it costs me.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

First, thanks for the orders. A bit of a spike the last few days, which is very helpful.

Yes, I do ship to Australia, but it is expensive ($38.95). It must go by Air Mail (6-10 days). I charge only what it costs me.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

How do I order one copy?

Regards,

René

• I'm a proud of owner of a "signed" copy of Bob's book. I couldn't imagine anyone that owns an early Mustang or Ford without this valuable reference.

• Order the normal way as someone in the US, but not in Tennessee. In the comments section as you go through just mentioned we discussed Australia shipping and you agree to the shipping costs. I will make the adjustment when I process your credit card (it is manually done, not automatical). You will get a confirmation from me via email as to the total charge to your card.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!