Arvinode system reproduction

• Charles,

I talked to Joe about it before he started production, but with the two different H pipe conigurations (hoizontal tabs & vertical tabs) it was decided to not notch the inlet pipes. The inlets have 2" of flare where they slip over the H pipe, which is what Ford calls for. The locator notch is a .44" in length. I have found that you can cheat the pipes up to the tab and it will all fit, or you can notch the tab yourself, but Joe did not include the tab for reasons mentioned above. I cut notches in mine and used a small cutting wheel on a Dremel and it worked great.

BTW: Before any of you characters start making raspberry noises or horse laughing about the detective thing, I did not know Joe was putting that in there.

Edited by - round2K on 05/14/2008 14:38:06

• Dave your car sounds fantastic! My system should be here in the next few days and I plan on having it installed by the National Mustang show here in Columbus in June. I appreciatethe mention in the Waldron website. Joe is a neat man, and I look forward to meeting him when I attend the fall Hershey swap meet. Dave hats off to you for all your hard work and perseverance thru the entire project. I cant wait to get my system!!!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Joe is a neat man, and I look forward to meeting him when I attend the fall Hershey swap meet. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

For those who are interested, Waldron's Antique Exhaust Systems will be at the All Fords Nationals at Carlisle.

• These are the rivet dimensions of the original steel tube rivets in the hangers for those who are rebuilding theirs. I'm having a tough time finding them; if anyone has a source it would appreciated if you could post it or send me a PM. There is one short rivet and one long per hanger, but I couldn't confirm the overall height as I had to drill them out to remove them, but it looks like 1/4".

[Blocked Image: http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9820/20080516arvinodehangerrjo3.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6694/20080516arvinoderivetimta9.jpg]

Edited by - round2K on 05/17/2008 10:13:03

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Which system would be correct for a april 18th 1965 K code non gt car. the oct 64 through april 65 or the 65-66 system .

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I would expect an April '65 car to have the normal GT style exhaust, but instead of trumpets you would have turn-downs clamped to the rear resonators.

• I wanted to let everyone Know that I finally got my Arvinode system installed today. With the dual quads, it not only sounds like a racer, but it has quite the pick up! Wow! what a rumble!!! I need to adjust my carbs as it seems I might be running a bit lean. but I am very pleased with the system and the sound. I telephoned Joe at Waldron's exhaust and delivered the good news. I will be at the show here in Columbus June 22, please stop by and say hello!

• Received my base model Arvinode system on Monday. Amazed at the relatively small carton that it came in - nicely packaged and bubble wrapped to protect the parts. All the components are clearly hand labeled as to left/right inlet/outlet etc. and the quality looks to be there. I am planning on doing some "on the back" time and bolting the system on this week. Will let you know how it goes!

Jack

• Received my system on Tuesday. Waiting for my reskinned exhaust manifolds from Jerry McNeish - should get those in about 2 weeks. Can't wait.

• Anyone who opts to bolt rather than weld: position your clamps so they don't slip down the joint and crimp the pipe. You'll keep tightening them and suddenly realize they aren't getting snug because they moved and your pulling down on just pipe, and not muffler or resonator and pipe.

• Ended up pulling an all nighter and got the majority of the system on last evening. It fits beautifully and tucks up nice and tight. Cannot wait for the correct hangers for the rear mufflers to become availiable. I did used universal hanges that swivel where the hanger attaches to the muffler that work OK, but obviously are not factory correct and look like well, a universal hanger. Also I could not find any 2 3/4" band clamps locally to used on the resonators and used standard 2 3/4" muffler clamps temporarily - anyone have a source for these band clamps? Plan to finish up and fire it up tonight - will let you know how it sounds.

Jack

• Those 2 3/4" clamps are impossible to find NOS and I haven't found a decent aftermarket equivalent yet. There is a 1 3/4" version that is up on ebay a lot that is made by the same OEM that made the originals, but they don't make the larger one any more. Joe has a Canadian outfit looking at producing them. It may not be pretty, but in the interim a heavy duty truck hose clamp might be your best bet.

• Thanks for the idea - I will take a look at using a hose clamp. The muffler clamp I used is not the best looking alternative and I did have to grind down the drivers side a lot to get it to fit in between the tank and the spring, but it did fit. Looking forward to getting the Kar fired up!

Jack

• Just wanted to let everyone know, I had the original hangers and went to the local hardware store and purchased straps that are used on a chain link fence. Drill a hole, trim them up a bit and there you have the rear strap at the resonator. I ordered the correct style clamps from National Parts Depot then received the backordered items from Waldron. I tried to use lag bolts like came on the car, but could not get them to tighten properly. The system looks and sounds wonderful, I am sure all will enjoy it very much.

• Update from Waldron's:

I tried to post an update a few days ago and it did not appear in this thread; hopefully I will get it right this time!

First of all, we want to thank all of you for your patience and patronage. Due to part availability, we had to ship the initial systems without clamps. The correct clamps finally arrived and all of the back-ordered clamps have been shipped.

In a previous post, I had stated that the rectangular tubes (on the Concours model) would be aluminized or stainless steel. We have been unable to acquire the correct cross-section in either aluminized or stainless steel, so all of the rectangular tubes are regular steel with a high-heat (VHT "Satin Clear") coating. The front connectors, front "mufflers", over-axle pipes, resonators and tips are all aluminized steel.

Several people have requested a 2 1/4" version of the Arvinode system. We will produce our first prototype for evaluation on a 69 Mustang (429 SCJ) and, once we are satisfied with the results, we will make that model available for purchase.

We hope you all enjoy the sound and performance benefits of your new exhaust systems and we are looking forward to hearing your cars!

Joe

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!