5F08K208626 for sale listed @ 50K

• I found the following link listing 5F08K208626 for sale. Does anybody know anything about this car? The car has been registered on this site. Below is the link, lots of photo but very little written info. I called the seller - Business and asked for more info but they have not responded to my calls and e-mails in weeks.

Price listed $50K. Link http://www.showyourauto.com/am/listings/l0297.html -

• I'd like to know where they got the info that Ks were only built for a short period of time in 1964? I have seen these pictures somewhere before-not sure where.....

• A 64 1/2 "K" car was only produced to August of 1964, that's when 65 production began. It's a twist on words for the benefit of novices but in essence, truthful. The quantity of 17 is a puzzlement, or a WAG.

Jim

• <center>[Blocked Image: http://www.showyourauto.com/am/listings/images/297_1.jpg]</center>

Hello all, I am helping to sell the car for the owner. The car is a color change from Prairie Bronze to Rangoon Red. The car is a driver with non-factory personalizations. We have reduced the price on the car to $39,995. If you have any questions on the car, please PM me or email me at pat@showyourauto.com. Thank you! ~Patrick Krook

• a friend looked at this car awhile back, no VIN stamp on the motor was the deal breaker for him. it was priced at over 50k then and i agree with him-to pay that much for a K you want to know the car has its original motor, not just a "date correct" one. it'd be nice to return the car to its original color but then again thats gonna cost a bundle and prairie bronze wouldn't be most people's 1st choice.

Being the wrong color, no VIN motor, the less desireable generator charging system and having several period incorrect GT add-ons 40k is more reasonable but still high IMHO. if i was in the market and could afford 40k i'd save my pennies until i could pay 5-10k more and buy one with a matching VIN drivetrain. just my 2 cents.

• Funny, the craze over VIN matching drivetrain seems to have infected every corner of the hobby. I see where it is vital for Corvettes and Chevy's where there is no indication in the main VIN what motor came with the car. In NCRS juding, you cannot Top Flight without the VIN present (that is the reason many today are restamped). The "K" in the VIN means that this is an original hipo 289 without question.

As we all know, VIN stamping did not become standard on all FORD engines until the 1968 calendar year by government mandate. Ford chose to hand stamp the VIN early performance motors to reduce theft. Most of them did get the stamp, some did not. It is date code correct with NO vin stamp (rather than the wrong vin stamped). This being a very early car, it is reasonable to conclude that this car's engine was not stamped into the motor and that this it is original to the car. I doubt it would even cost a juding point. True, the car could be more valuable to some with the VIN present, but that does not make the car any less genuine.

• Patrick, This is not meant to be confrontational but merely informative. I will agree that there are some exceptions to VIN stamps on Hipo 289 engines. I even had a 65 Hipo Fairlane that was VIN stamped. I also had a 66 Hipo T5 GT convertible that was not VIN stamped. My only point is that just because a car was of an early build date does not mean that it was not VIN stamped. I have a first week of 64 1/2 Hipo production engine that has both the VIN stamp and the early Hipo unique 4 digit number on the boss above the clutch equalizer bar pivot mounting hole.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Does anyone have a picture of the numbers on the boss above the clutch equalizer bar pivot mounting hole? I have a 64.5 K, do all early Ks have the numbers? If so what do they represent, and/or what was its purpose?

Bob

• Bob, There is some discussion of the Hipo sequential number and a picture of one in the link below. Yours will be a 4 digit number unlike the 3 digit one in the picture:

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…er,clutch,pivot

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Does anyone have a picture of the numbers on the boss above the clutch equalizer bar pivot mounting hole? I have a 64.5 K, do all early Ks have the numbers? If so what do they represent, and/or what was its purpose?

Bob

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The stamped numbers appeared on the 5 bolt blocks, and were likely used to help engineering track quality control issues. Here are a couple pictures to show the location of the number.

<center>[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/…umber021607.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.thefroginator.co.uk/fm-pix/albums/…e%20smaller.jpg]

For more information, CLICK HERE</center>

• This K convert sold for $35,750 at auction, that price includes the sellers premium so if that was 10% then the car was bid to a little over 32k.

i don't suppose it was bought by a forum member ?

• In regards to the picture above, I am unclear as to what you are questioning regarding being stock. If you are referring to the extra floor pan reinforcements and the tie plate that bolts them together, that is all normal for convertibles only.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!