5F09K725044 NIR

• This car was withdrawn from eBay by "vintagesteel4sale"...<i>The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.</i>

Also listed on their website: http://www.HiSpeedCustoms.com

Website listing has BIN of $14.5k

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Here is your chance to build a real K code or Shelby Fastback. Overall very solid 4 speed GT K code body. Some rust on both floorpans in front where it kicks up and one spot under rear seat on P/S. Otherwise very solid and overall pretty straight. Original Black car but it has been repainted years ago. I found the vin in 3 locations on the body. Clear AZ title.

I have tons of detailed pictures of this car on my website http://www.HiSpeedCustoms.com . I have sold many classic cars on ebay, check my feedback. It shows a track record of over 150 classic and special interest vehicles sold on Ebay to very happy customers all over the world. I am brutally honest in my descriptions and I know how a car that is "Done Right" should look. Serious buyers can contact me on my mobil at (520) 990-7932.. This car is advertised elsewhere, so a deposit on a cash offer could end the auction early. Vehicle is sold as-is w/ no warranty. Viewing the car in person is preferred, but if you are unable I would be happy to help you with third party inspections or appraisals for loans. Please ask all questions before you bid, I take these auctions seriously as should you.

10% deposit withen 3 business days. Full payment withen 10 days. 8.1% sales Tax for AZ residents only. Out of state buyers are responsible for taxes if any in their own state. I can usually arrange insured shipping anywhere in the lower 48 for under $1200 and as low as $400 to closer states.

Anthony ; Hi Speed Rods and Customs 520-623-1973 at the shop and 520-990-7932 anytimeareTrade © AP6.0

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<center>

eBay link

[Blocked Image: http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/9b/fd/7c30_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/9b/fd/7a93_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/9b/fd/7ba0_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/9b/fd/82fc_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i16.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/9b/fd/800c_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/9b/fd/8531_12.JPG]</center>

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 05/02/2007 19:35:08

• WOW - it still has the drip rail moldings!

These things are GOLD PLATED - finding a good set is impossible.

Look to be just about the only pieces still on the car.

Need to see the rear axle plate to be sure, but looks like a legit K body - not sure on the true "GT" status - fog light wiring holes in rad support are missing on DS side and PS has a BIG hole!

• This price is krazy, unless there used to be a Shelby VIN over the K VIN and even then its suspect. A K shell is pretty much a fastback shell without the correct engine.

• Given that it has a 65 VIN it does have one item that would lead me to believe it could be a GT. The fact that the opening for the instrument cluster is stamped (factory cut out) to accept the larger round 66 or 65GT speedometer. This was only on a 65 GT or all 66 cars, GT or not.

My two cents.

• Official Post

In 1965 the pony interior option also gave you the five dial instument cluster. It was not GT specific. The difference in the cluster for GT and pony interior was in the camera case or woodgrain bezel. The fact that the door hinge post does not have a hole for the door light wiring means it was not a pony interior car. Therefore it must have been a GT in its previous life.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• So it was a black hipo GT. It really does make you wonder how anyone could strip such a great car down to the bone and keep the shell intact. Where did all the parts go and how long has it been sitting like that?

The seller's web site has a good set of photos and it looks like they are trying to fully disclose the defects. The firewall looks like there were AC hoses at one point.

Edited by - round2K on 05/01/2007 15:16:30

• Official Post

It is indeed possible that this was a theft recovery at one point a long time ago. That would explain it being picked clean.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• I don't see the fog light switch hole on the lower left hand side of the dash, but YES it is definitely stamped for the 5 dial instrument cluster - so it is very likely a FACTORY GT - I have seen a couple '65 factory GTs with the switch down by the choke cable - in fact I have a picture of this. If you look at picture 17 (inside firewall area under the dash from the driver side door) you will see the holes cut for AC lines in the middle of the firewall - definite HACK JOB but easily fixed - look to the left in this picture and locate where the square headlight harness goes thru the firewall - there are 2 round holes one above and one below the square headlight wiring opening - the upper is for the washer wiring and the lower is for the foglight wiring. Not sure why the hole is missing in the rad support - the other normal AC holes are also missing - maybe someone had an aftermarket AC system installed - this might explain the big hole on the PS of the rad support.

Edited by - RalphJr on 05/02/2007 11:47:02

• Official Post

Based on the VIN sequence, this car seems to have had a scheduled build date in May, 1965. The fog light switch on cars built before June 1, 1965 were supposed to have the switch mounted under the dash. I am basing this on the fact that cars with the switch mounted under the dash had a hexagonal retaining nut. The chrome bezel was not used until June 1, 1965 according to the Ford parts book. The chrome bezel was only used when the switch was moved up on the dash panel. Cars with the switch under the dash did not generally have the fog light wire hole punched out on the drivers side on the core support but only on the passenger side. The fog light wires on the drivers side were routed around the core support by the headlight. This would help clear up mystery of the lack of a hole on the drivers side.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Need to see the rear axle plate to be sure, but looks like a legit K body - not sure on the true "GT" status - fog light wiring holes in rad support are missing on DS side and PS has a BIG hole!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>It can be seen in this picture and appears to be correct.

[Blocked Image: http://www.hispeedcustoms.com/IMAGES/CARS/1965%20Mustang%20K-Code/images/P1010035_JPG.jpg]

• You know, one thing that I never see mentioned about factory GT fastbacks is that they would not have holes in the rocker panels for the moulding clips, since only non-GT fastbacks have that moulding. If a dealer or individual had made a car into a GT, then those holes would have to be filled which would leave some evidence. Since "nobody" would replace both rocker panels to get rid of those holes, this should be a simple way to figure out if a shell like this one is an authentic GT. Right? Or am I delusional?

Lyle

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

You know, one thing that I never see mentioned about factory GT fastbacks is that they would not have holes in the rocker panels for the moulding clips, since only non-GT fastbacks have that moulding. If a dealer or individual had made a car into a GT, then those holes would have to be filled which would leave some evidence. Since "nobody" would replace both rocker panels to get rid of those holes, this should be a simple way to figure out if a shell like this one is an authentic GT. Right? Or am I delusional?

Lyle<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<font face='Comic Sans MS'>That sounds like a possibility. I think 65Hipo's non GT car came from the factory sans rocker panel trim (i.e. no telltale holes), whereas mine has the trim. As I recall his car has a Aug/Sep 1964 build date, several months before the GT's introduction.

Perhaps the moldings were a deletable item throughout the production run. Then any non GT K F/B, also ordered without rocker moldings post the GT intro time frame, would be a candidate for someone to dummy it as a GT, and get away with the ruse to the unsuspection buyer.</font id='Comic Sans MS'>

[Blocked Image: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/p4f8ee1bd214d6f407a7e7df72a842ee9/f5253efc.jpg]

• yes, this car is a genuine gt. i now own this car and it will be coming to Australia. The hole for the foglight wiring is there on the drivers side of the radiator support panel. I took the car to pomona swap meet on the first weekend in june as i had just taken delivery of it and all the experts were telling me what it was and wasn't and a few were wanting to buy it....

• Congrats on the purchase - keep us informed of your progress putting it back on the road.

My car is a close twin of this car - Raven black, red interior non GT K built a month or 2 before this one.

You definitely have a "clean slate" to work with since the body appears to be in good shape from the photos.

• Alan, If you don't mind telling, what did you end up paying for this Kar? This info is used for reference so when others are looking at similar purchases, they know what the going rate is.

Thanks, Chuck

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!