NOS HiPo Air Cleaner

• Wow, check out the BIN price!!!! Pity the owner doesn't ship to Australia, I would have bought it with BIN

RP

Edited by - rene.pilat on 02/24/2008 20:53:41

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Wow, check out the BIN price!!!! Pity the owner doesn't ship to Australia, I would have bought it with BIN

RP

Edited by - rene.pilat on 02/24/2008 20:53:41

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I'll bet he gets it. The value of our kars may be softening but parts keep going up...

• Please note that this air cleaner was only used

for very early 65's. Personally, I believe this one

is for a 64 Fairlane and used by Shelby for the Cobra.

The color of the filter seems to be red instead of burgundy.

Maybe Bob Mannel can comment on this one.

/Bo

• Bo is correct - this is the early style air cleaner lid - only correct for early 64 1/2 HiPos.

This lid was also used on the Cobra, 63-64 Fairlanes, and some full size Galaxy big block cars.

I'll bet he gets well over $1000 for it, but not sure it will reach $2500 - it will be interesting to see how high it goes.

• I will see if the seller will get some detailed pictures for us before it sells. It looks like an early piece. The lower tray has the nipple for the choke heat. This was not used on the HiPos and dicontinued by 1964 production, although Ford prototype pictures showed the nipple being used. The decals for Autolite spark plugs and use FoMoCo parts look correct, but I want to see about the High Performance decal. It might have been added later. Generally, I have not seen these decals until the 1965 production year.

• For something that has been sitting in a warehouse for so many years, the decals at the rear look like they have seen some heat or sun as they look really aged, especially the spark plug one.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Determining the transition from round top to flat top air cleaners is difficult. I believe the round tops made it into 65 production, but I don't know for how long. This would be a good topic to get input on from original owners. Perhaps we can nail down the month.

• I am in touch with the original owner of my car and recently discussed that with him. The car has the original flat lid assembly with a blue (yes, blue, not gold) base.

SJ car.

12/30/64 scheduled build date.

12/17/64 engine assembly date.

Delivered to the Eagle Rock, CA dealership on Jan. 7th, 65.

65A air cleaner with flat lid and blue base.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

65A air cleaner with flat lid and blue base.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not sure if that was a typo... do you mean '5A' ?

• I have a late 65 model year, Metuchen built, low mileage hipo. It has the rounded double hump lid that is normally associated with early cars. The original owner is long gone. The individual that I purchased the car from told me that he did not change anything on it or take anything off of it during his ownership. I have no real way to verify if this unit is "original" to this car or not. I too will be watching this thread to learn more about this. Original owners please contribute your input to this. Thank you.

Edited by - fourspeed on 03/12/2008 05:35:30

I have a late 65 model year, Metuchen built, low mileage hipo. It has the rounded double hump lid that is normally associated with early cars.

Mine is an <i>early</i> (February, 1965) Metuchen built HiPo, and still has the original air cleaner assembly. It is the <i>later</i> style with the "flat" top and a gold base...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!