Radiator casting info?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

........ That one has Mc-E 5 on the top tank with a C6ZE on the side mounting bracket. ......

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Fred do you have a picture of this?... I haven't found one marked like this yet. If you do was this a Dearborn car?

• I can email a picture to someone that can post it. I have had several of these 66 A/C radiators but I do not know the assembly plant origins of the donor cars. All of them were in California so I would tend to believe at least one of them would have been a San Jose unit.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thats a really odd looking top tank.

Don't believe its an original especially fro a San Jose. Fred how many rows is that thing? The top tank looks a little like the "desert cooler" radiators that people put on their cars in the late 70's - early 80's around the SW

• The picture of the radiator shown by Tony is a correct radiator for a 1966 early Mustang equipped with T/E. See page F11 of Bob Mannel Small Block V8 Ford book for clarifcations. There is a Ford part # under the left side of the radiator tank. This radiator is a 3 row unit used on early emissions 1966 San Jose Mustangs if so equiped. The post by C6ZZKGT is right on the money. I have a friend that has this radiator and it came on his car in 1966.

Richard P.

MCA Gold Card # 03776

• I will admit that the first time I saw one of these, my first thoughts were that it was a "GYPO" or desert cooler type of radiator. I had to get educated on these myself. I have a Ford MPC that has not been updated since 1970 so it shows a lot of information and numbers that do not appear in the 1975 final edition MPC. It shows the radiator as being for A/C only but I would certainly not rule out their use in California T/E vehicles as well.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I have a 5L (Nov)66 San Jose car 4spd, no air. What should the rad markings be? Y2 seems to be the most agreed upon. Not sure if it should have a tag or side markings as it has no top markings.

Anyone care to post the entire markings? I may need to be looking.

My car has never been hit but I guess it could have had the rad replaced.

Ray

• I just purcahsed a rebuilt '65 rad for my April Dearborn car.

DEP-C4ZE-8005-G1-5AD (5AD - 65 Jan 4th week)

I'm not exactly sure what the number would be for the earlier car.

Some time in April they switched from G1 to Y1 - but the base part number is the same.

These pop up from time to time on eBay - and I've heard of several people finding cores from any 4 speed mustang.

The 4 speed radiator is not unique to the HiPo.

• All 65 Shelbys(more than 10)I have seen with original radiators

from #114 and up through #455 have been marked

W-MO, 2,3,4,5-65, C4ZE, G2. No Y2 on Shelbys but

I have seen other 4-speed radiators with the same

dates but marked Y2.

Could it be that Y2 were used on C and A codes and G2 were

used on K codes or maybe G2 were used on cars with

a fan shroud and Y2 on cars without. Interesting topic!

/Bo

• These are picture's of my Radiator tank top being restored.

I made the image's big so everyone can see the numbers and letters for reference.

The top was very dented. So I removed the top and fixed the dents.

[Blocked Image: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/CSXEng/Radiator1a.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/CSXEng/Radiator2a.jpg]

Dave V.

Edited by - CSXEng on 04/06/2008 19:27:24

Edited by - CSXEng on 04/06/2008 19:42:26

• My radiator arrived today.

It is the Dearborn style with the numbers listed in the previous post.

It needs some clean up, but once it is done I'll post some photgraphs.

• man dave..nice radiator..I cant believe that no one is out there making these with custom stamps...I need one for our may 66 car...the hunt is on..lot of info on the 65 radiators..what do you all know about the 66 radiators..??

JImmy

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

What would a "C1" after the part number be on a Dearborn/ Metucheon unit?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

What is the full engineering number?

• DEP C4DE-8005 C1 I am under the impression that these are Falcon V8 manual trans radiators, I am working with Fred right now on these, he has 2 4speed Falcons that need these radiators.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!