Fuel pump rebuilding

• This is a notice for anyone still wishing to get their pumps done on this possibly final run. I just spoke with the rebuilder two days ago and everything is still on track. My concern is that given the current economy, they may not be available to do this again. The cutoff date for getting your pumps in is April 30 and that is only 8 days away.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an update on the current fuel pump processing. I have removed the arms and related pieces from the pumps prior to taking them to the rebuilder. I took the pumps to the rebuilder for disassembly 3 weeks ago. I was surprised that they were not available to be picked up sooner. I just now called them and they are now ready for me to pick up which I will do tomorrow. They will then need to have the castings cleaned and the tin and arms replated. I will then take them back to the rebuilder for reassembly. When they are done I will pick them up and bring them back to my place to reinstall the arms and springs. They are then boxed and shipped to everyone.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• I have the fuel pumps back from the rebuilder in their disassembled condition. The tin parts are ready to go to the plater on Monday and the castings are in the cleaning process right now. As soon as the plating is done I will be taking the pieces back to the rebuider for reassembly. I will then need to make another trip back to the rebuilder to pick up the assembled pumps. I then bring them back to my place to reattach the arms, box them and ship them.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have the fuel pumps back from the rebuilder in their disassembled condition. The tin parts are ready to go to the plater on Monday and the castings are in the cleaning process right now. As soon as the plating is done I will be taking the pieces back to the rebuider for reassembly. I will then need to make another trip back to the rebuilder to pick up the assembled pumps. I then bring them back to my place to reattach the arms, box them and ship them.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Fred,

I got my hi-po pump back yestereday. It looks so good, I may have to mount it on the mantle above my fireplace instead of back on the car. Thanks!!

Gerald

• For everyone that has already sent your fuel pumps in for this run, thank you very much. For all of you that are thinking about sending yours in, I am establishing a cutoff date of November 2, 2009. My objective is to have this run completed by the end of November.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Received my pump back a couple of days ago. Fred, thanks for a job very well done. If another run is ever done I will try to get back in on a second pump.They are that good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!