Sixth Anniversary

• Six years ago, this site was launched by Marv Shaner and Hank Doby in order to showcase the 289 High Performance Mustang on the internet. Originally intended to help build the Registry of K Code Mustangs started by author Tony Gregory, this site has developed into something much, much more. The list of members has grown consistently year after year, and includes many top notch Ford, Mustang, and HiPo authorities and researchers, as well as more than a few vendors of parts, both NOS and reproduction.

I'd like to say congratulations to Marv and Hank for their accomplishment of building and providing a website for all of us to use and enjoy. The quality of posts is always high, and as site Moderator, I can say that there have been less than a handful of times that it was necessary to use the "DELETE" button to remove inappropriate topics or language. This says a whole lot about the quality of members here: You all deserve credit for being quality people.

It has always impressed me that there is an <i>international</i> interest in what we do here. There are members from around the world who visit here regularly, and it really ties us together as more than just a collection of car enthusiasts from the USA. It's great to know there are 289 High Performance Mustangs preserved and enjoyed around the world.

There have been many highlights for this site over the years, but there has always been a primary mission here: To build and refine the Registry of K code Mustangs. This is the mission of the site, and the Registry has been growing as more and more cars are discovered through the network of members who report the cars here. The Third and Fourth Editions of the <i>289 High Performance Mustang</i> clearly reflect how the quality of the Registry has progressed. Much of this progress is due to the input from this site.

Before signing off, it is important to note another accomplishment which we have just seen unfold on these pages: the reproduction of the "Arvinode dual exhaust system" which was designed specifically for use with certain K Code Fairlanes and Mustangs. The desire of a member Dave Wallace to research this subject has led to highest level of accuracy and detail in his efforts to have a concours correct "Arvinode" exhaust system for his car. Now it is possible to see the results of his efforts through the skill and ability of custom fabricator Joe Tonietto. Just amazing!

• Marv and Hank's hard work and dedication to running this site is very much appeciated by this member. The help I have received while working on my car and the knowledge I have gained about these cars would not have happened through any other source out there and it's been great meeting other K owners both in person and through correspondance on the site - great job guys and thanks for all of the hard work!

Jack

• This is a great site and is made that way by the originators and all of the participants. Congratulations on the sixth year!

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Happy Birthday!!!!! Without Marv and Hank, I would not be the owner of the Kar of my dreams, so a huge thank you to you both and to everyone who contributes to this site.

Regards,

René

• Have to agree,thanks for creating this sight.It has help alot of people to under stand and get the correct information about these cars.Have a 1967 k code GT coupe,which I had never heard of until I got mine,I have learned so much about these !Hope for many more years of the sight being helpful!

Greg

• I'll just say thanks to you guys, Hank and Marv. You've helped make me a happier guy. My hours in the garage and on this, my favorite site, together have helped get me through some difficult times.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I'll just say thanks to you guys, Hank and Marv. You've helped make me a happier guy. My hours in the garage and on this, my favorite site, together have helped get me through some difficult times.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That's nice to know, Noel...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!