• I'm just curious what everyone's running for tire size on their street driven Kars. Mine now has 215-60/15s and it sits pretty nice and seems to handle well, although I haven't had a chance to drive it very far yet. The guys at the tire shop said I should go lower profile, but I don't think so...

I'd like to replace, and I want some experienced opinions.

Thanks,

Marshall

• Hi I replied to your other post. I cant help you on size but can offer you a thought, be careful on the overall diameter of the tyre you choose as if you deveate from the original your speedo will not read true, there are charts on the web giving tyre diameter with different widths and aspect ratios.

• Thanks for the input. The speedo gear should be able to be changed to correct for different tire sizes. I'm more interested in what looks and handles the best, and what clearance issues people have encountered.

Hopefully your Kar shows up soon. The anticipation is rough, I know. I've got mine here, but I have to wait for a safety inpsection before I can register it... So close, yet still so far...

• I am running 215/60-15 BFG T/A's on 7" wide wheels. I have a problem of rubbing on full lock turns and a tire squeal, like low pressure, in most parking lots at low speeds. I don't know if its because they are so wide? I have a set of 205/65 Eagle LS tires that I want put on in the spring. They are .3" taller and .5" narrower. I love the smooth look of the BFG's, the Eagles are a serated sidewall

• I have BFG T/A's 215-60-15's on 15x7 Torque Thrust D's on my K. All 4 fender lips were rolled sometime in the cars earlier life, so there are no rubbing issues at all. Very happy with the ride and handling with this combination.

Jack

• I'm running on Yokohama Avid Touring Whitewalls 195 75 R14s on 6" wide SSW's. I like the look, although the nose is a little to high. The ride is actually quite good I had 175 on before and the difference is very noticeable.

RP

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I'm running on Yokohama Avid Touring Whitewalls 195 75 R14s on 6" wide SSW's. I like the look, although the nose is a little to high. The ride is actually quite good I had 175 on before and the difference is very noticeable.

RP

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

another great look in the 14" size is 195/70-14, and the BF Goodrich Traction T/A is the best tire I've found in that size.

Z. Ray

• I'm running Goodyear Eagle's on my K. 205/60-15 up front and 225/60-15's in the rear on Torque Thrust D's. The front is lowered with 1" 600# springs. The fenders aren't rolled, nothing rubs and the speedo is correct.

Edited by - 65HiPo on 02/17/2009 11:33:46

• I just experienced this dilemma. I wanted a good driving radial replacement for my stock dual red line silvertown's that I use for shows. I was given a new set of Red Line radials size 225-70/14 - bonus. I purchased a nice set of '67 Styled Steel wheels but determined the 5-1/2" width would be a little narrow for the 225 tire size. Sold those and decided to use a set of 14x7 stock steel wheels from a '68-1/2 SCJ car I had in storage. They have an honest 4" back spacing which is ideal for '65-'66 Mustangs. The Tires ended up being too tall at 26.5" as they rubbed in cornering and bumps. Sold the red lines and settled on a 225-60/14 RWL that fit nicely, handle well and didn't alter my speedo with a 24.7" height. It gives my Nightmist K-GT fastback a whole new agressive look with the freshly painted plain black wheels, chrome lugs, and low profile RWL tires.

I plan to use 225-60/15's on 15x7 Torque thrusts for my R-model when it's completed. It has rolled fenders and lowered suspension - fyi.

Mark

• Thanks for all your input. I really appreciate it.

I decided to replace with 215/60-15. The Kar is lowered a bit in the front, but they don't rub anywhere and it handles well. I might try something different later on, but for now I got a good deal on these.

MW

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!