5R09K187323 NIR

• New listing by seller cosmotors

BuyItNow set at <b>$42,500</b>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>1965 Ford Mustang K Code Proper Car Rare

VIN 5R09K187323 Total miles unknown

This is a super-rare factory K Code Fastback. Originally red, now bronze. This is a number-matching car, including engine block transmission and rear end with original door data plate. Car has the original, ultra-rare solid lifter hi po 289 with correct fan distributor heads, exhaust manifolds, and even the original alternator pulley, the correct Autolite 4100 manual choke sits on top and original Ford high-rise intake put on back in 1969. Date code on intake: 1969. This is the same intake as the Cobra high rise, just different lettering the top loader. 4-speed shifts smoothly and has its VIN stamped on the bottom. Rear end is the correct 9-inch with the tapered ends and the correct snubber and bracket in the differential. These are impossible to find if missing; even the hi po motor mounts are in place. Interior is black Pony with its original 8000 rpm Rally pac. Center console paint is driver quality it should be red. This is a rust-free solid car with only one small blister on the driver’s door bottom even the cowl vents are solid. Extremely rare car. Washington title.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<center>auction link </center>

[Blocked Image: http://i24.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/fd/3d/0206_1.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i23.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/fd/3d/03b0_1.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i7.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/fd/3d/0428_1.JPG]

• By the VIN, it's a bit too early to be a 'GT' but they don't make that claim directly, only 'references' in their write-up.

Jim

• Rad support and apron appear to be repop's - I've seen these bad stampings several times.

Could just be damage repair and a re-stamp - I'd check it out closely.

Looks like a nice car from the limted photos.

• I emailed the dealer/seller and asked a number of questions. Most of which he ignored in his brief response. Here is his response in it's entirety:

"It's a factory K code GT, not a GT350. It is clearly addressed. I think the fender inner apron may have been replaced. The former owner has died."

So the dealer is either totally unaware that the Kar (if it truely is a Kar and not just a car) cannot be a genuine GT or is choosing to continue to misrepresent the Kar. I told him the Kar cannot be a GT, it was built too early. He ignored that. I don't agree that anything in his Ebay listing is "clearly addressed."

I asked for info on prior owners and whoever restored the Kar. His response was "The former owner has died." Info from this dealer/seller is obviously not to be relied upon. I asked if the car was consigned and that was ignored also. Good possibility that the car is consigned what with the plates on it. Someone might want to trace the plates and find out who the owner is. A chat with the owner and or restorer would surely answer a lot of questions.

Anyone with interest in bidding on this car should go look it over very carefully and satisfy themselves as to just what it is. "The fender apron may have been replaced" is just about as big a red flag as you could possibly have when buying a K code.

• This car was bid to $38,100 last time around. It met reserve however the same dealer still has the car. What happened here?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• The door tag says that this is a 63A body style which is a standard rather than the pony interior in this car.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This was listed on Seattle craigslist last week for $32,500, the ad has subsequently been removed. I'm sure it someone wanted the car, they could negotiate the Ebay Buy It Now. I am not affiliated with the car in any manner, just passing along what I know.

• I agree with Emberglow however the non enthusiast would call it Bronze.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• i believe this car is consigned to Cosmopolitan Motors not owned by them. i called about it when it was in Craigslist 10 days ago. the contact number belonged to someone who paints cars for the owner of the fastback (who i was told is a dealer) i was told the reason for the sale is that the cars owner had a falling out with the painter due to his complaint about the price he was charged for another cars paintjob. the owner reportedly wanted to have this K painted another color but due to the disagreement has decided to not have it painted, to sell it instead. doesn't make much sense i know, thats just what i was told.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!