5F08K699404 NIR

• New eBay listing by seller Heathernmcs

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

UP FOR AUCTION IS A NEWLY RESTORED 1965 FORD MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE. HIS IS A FACTORY K-CODE MUSTANG GT WITH THE 271HP HI-PO 289CID 4V.

GT PACKAGE INCLUDES;

5-GUAUGE INSTRUMENTATION, DUAL EXHUAST, TRUMPETED TAILPIPES, FRONT DISC BRAKES(THIS ONE HAS A POWER BOOSTER ADDED), 22:1 QUICK STEERING RATIO BOX(HCC-AX), FOG LIGHTS WITH SINGLE NUTS, GT BADGES ON FENDERS, [LOWER TRIPLE STRIPES, MUSTANG CHROME LETERS ON FENDERS, MUSTANG EMBLEMS/HORSE DELETED ON FRONT FENDERS, HOOD LIP MOLDING, FLAT GLOVEBOX DOOR WITH MUSTACHE, PONY INTERIOR WOOD, TRIM COURTESY DOOR LIGHTS, PADDED VISORS, CHROME TRIM AROUND THE PEDALS, AND DELUXE STEERING WHEEL.

K-CODE OPTIONS INCLUDE;

LARGER HARMONIC BALANCER, ENLARGED ALTENATOR PULLEY, METAL FAN SHROUD, CHROME PLATED VALVE STEMS, SOLID LIFTERS, SCREW IN ROCKER STUDS, CAST IRON FREE FLOWING HEADER TYPE MANIFOLDS, AND 2 INCH EXHUAST.

THIS 1965 MUSTANG GT K-CODE CONVERTIBLE IS AN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL LOOKING AND DRIVING RESTORED CAR. THE BODY IS LASER STRAIGHT AND PAINTED IN ITS ORIGINAL RAVEN BLACK (COLOR CODE A). THE PAINT IS SLICK AS GLASS AND MILES DEEP. ALL OF THE CHROME ON THE CAR IS IN GOOD CONDITION. THE FRONT BUMPER, REAR BUMPER, GAS CAP, AND OUSIDE DOOR HANDLES ARE NEW. THE POWER CONVERTIBLE TOP IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION AND WORKS GREAT. IT HAS A NEW BOOT WITH IT.

THE INERIOR IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION AS WELL. IT HAS RED CRINKLE VINYL, PONY INTERIOR(TRIM CODE 65). IT HAS BUCKETS WITH WOOD GRAIN CONSOLE AND DASH TRIM. THIS MUSTANG INCLUDES; RALLY-PAC GUAGES(TACH AND CLOCK), 5-GUAGE INSTRUMENTS POWER TOP, REMOTE DRIVERS MIRROR, PONY VINYL SEATS, SEAT BELTS, DELUXE STEERING WHEEL, COURTESY LIGHTS, WOODGRAIN APPLIQUE, PADDED VISORS, CHROME TRIM AROUND THE PEDALS, AND HARRISON DIGITAL AM/FM/CASS.

THE ENGINE IS A K-CODE 271 HP 289 4V. THE TRAMSMISSION IS A FOUR SPEED MANUAL. THE REAR END IS A 9 INCH. IT HAS FLOWMASTER DUAL EXHUAST. THE MUSTANG IS SITTING ON A SET OF CHROME STYLED STEEL WHEELS WITH NEW 215/60/14 BF GOODRICH TA's. IT ALSO HAS POWER FRONT DISC BRAKES, FRONT SWAY BAR, AND HOLLEY CARB.

THIS IS A GREAT LOOKING, RUNNING, AND DRIVING MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE. EVERYTHING ON THIS MUSTANG WORKS AND FUNCTIONS AS IT SHOULD(EXCEPT HORNS NOT BEEPING). YOU WILL BE PROUD TO BE THE HIGH BIDDER ON THIS CAR. YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME INSPECT THIS VEHICLE DURING THIS AUCTION. THE TITLE HAS STOLEN AND RECOVERED ON IT AND THAT IT HAS PASSED INSPECTION. I HAVE DESCRIBED THIS VEHICLE HONESTLY AND TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITIES. BID WITH CONVIDENCE, EMAIL ME, OR CALL.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

eBay Link

[Blocked Image: http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/heathernmcs2/DSC00182.JPG]

Edited by - 65gt on 05/07/2008 12:27:11

• Check this one out VERY closely......repop door tag and re-body (or heavy accident damage) since the Rear Axle floor pan plate is wrong for a true HiPo. It also has the early spare tire plate. Car could have been sectioned or the "K" serial number put on this chassis.

My car was built only a few thousand before this one in April '65 - so I know his door tag date is wrong.

Not a true factory GT or Pony car IMHO.

Edited by - RalphJr on 05/07/2008 20:28:23

• Notice the kick-panel screw holding the driver's door panel on? The car has a nice exterior, but a catalog full of accessories is no substitute for being thorough and doing your homework.

Many Mustang "amateurs" think about adding the GT fog lamps and exhaust trumpets. Thank goodness I didn't have the money 18 years ago to do that so my car is still stock. It didn't help that all the magazines used to have articles about "Make your car a GT!" and "Dress up your interior with pony trim!" They even showed you how to cut the taillight panel to "upgrade" to Cougar taillights.

• Official Post

First off, I do give credit to the seller for their pictures. I believe that they are probably unaware of what they really have. Besides the issues already addressed, this Kar has a few more issues. The door tag shows Axle code as H for a 3.89 locking rear end. You could not get a locking rear end in a Hipo in 1965. Rear end housing is a clone. For a newly restored Kar, the strut rod bushings are already cracked. My further comments are based on the "newly restored" statement which should have made it a better Kar. The convertible bolt-on floor pan tie plate is backwards. There is no rear end snubber. Should not have right side filler board in trunk. Poor fitting convertible top above doors. Perhaps it is missing the tie cables for this. 66 style lower clutch adjusting rod. Standard rather than Hipo Z bar. Appears to be standard rather than Hipo motor mounts. Unknown, possibly Granada, disc brakes. Wire loom coverings are all GM type. The heads are way too early for the production date. Gypo export brace, high profile Rally Pac rather than low profile, GM style Holley carb, Pertronix, C8ZE harmonic balancer, no choke cable, poorly fitted instrument panel speaker cover and no glove box door bumpers. The following are obviously incorrect:

Radiator

Thermostat housing

Hose clamps

Seat belts

Rear brake hose (does not appear to attach to body incorrect position either)

Orange plug wires

Ignition coil

As Charles says, a thorough inspection needs to be done on this Kar as I agree that the Hipo body, GT and pony interior are all questionable.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I looked at this car about three years ago, before the "restoration". It had the smaller non-K code floorpan axle bumper with a snubber and no hole for the choke cable- possible rebody?

Driver's side VIN appeared hand stamped. Rear frame rails had welds and some rust holes. Drilled holes for the GT Foglamps. Never checked the VIN on engine or transmission. Most of external K engine components were there, block was painted black then. Foglamp switch was still between the ignition and lighter.

Edited by - 65gt on 05/08/2008 17:30:03

• Pictures this time around are far more vague. Two of them are wasted on the front spring eye on the rear spring and another totally fuzzy one that I have no idea what it is. The dash picture is from an angle where the fog light switch no longer shows. Did it finally get moved to its more proper location? The description is far less detailed this time around and is by a different seller. The previous seller was in North Carolina where this seller is in Idaho. Buyer beware on this one.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Not much in the photos to help a buyer make an informed decision about authenticity. With the prior history and lack of detail it's buyer beware; get a good look up close with someone who knows K codes.

• Seems like I remember this car from 3 or 4 years ago - a Las Vegas dealer had it and it was a potential re-body since the rear axle plate was wrong.

Anyone else remember this or am I losing it?

• Update on 5F08K699404. The Kar (and I use the K loosely) is sitting on the showroom floor of a classic car dealer in Salt Lake City. The asking price is $39,999. At first glance it looks pretty nice. However, a cursory once over did reveal a number of obvious discrepancies. I wrote down the VIN and looked it up here and found this thread. All the above comments appear to be accurate. I will second the warnings about doing a careful inspection before buying the car.

It doesn't appear that any of the problems have been corrected. Not that the worst of them could be corrected. The car is quite possibly pieced together from who knows what and who knows how. The dealer pulled out the title and told me that the car came from a seller in Idaho. The dealer did not volunteer that the title is branded and I didn't get a look at the title so cannot verify that. But after seeing all the obvious, careless repair/restoration work on the car, it doesn't surprise me. The dealer claims that they know absolutely nothing more about the car so can't answer any questions.

Even the fog light switch is still in the wrong spot on the dash although the car was not originally a GT anyway. At least the switch does turn the fog lights on. That's one of the best things I can say about the car.

This car probably is the one that was for sale at a Las Vegas classic car dealer on West Sahara a few years ago. I think it was on Ebay back then also.

This was the only thread that turned up in a search of the VIN. Seems like there should be others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!