Fuel Pump Canister White Paint Color

• Tom, The spray can solution, although simple, brings us back to a fuel leak possibly taking off the paint as was brought up earlier in this thread.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Tom, The spray can solution, although simple, brings us back to a fuel leak possibly taking off the paint as was brought up earlier in this thread.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I believe most exterior automotive paints are fuel resistent, not sure about interior trim paint, or powder coat. I have like most's had fuel spew out of my fuel filler pipe & on to the paint with out damaging the paint.

• I ask again WHY is this canister reproduced in RED with WHITE lettering?? I know of no Ford product that used it in this reversed color combo, is it to get around a trademark or copyright thing?? I can see no other reason.....

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I ask again WHY is this canister reproduced in RED with WHITE lettering?? I know of no Ford product that used it in this reversed color combo, is it to get around a trademark or copyright thing??

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I was told by a friend that redid these and he explained the reverse ones have been found on 6 cylinders

• If I can get a specimen of each - fuel canister and coil - and some help laying out the various date codes we should have I'll go for it. May as well figure out the starters while we're at it.

If anyone has samples they will let me borrow I'll go for it and then hand off the stamps to Jeff for his archive when we get done.

Edited by - round2K on 02/25/2009 01:54:24

Jeff - I tried to email Richard when you gave me his info last time and hit a spam filter that was part of his email provider's system that was impossible to get past..............

Yes he has no time to do any and would guess that will remain the status for a long time. At this time someone needs to redo the stamp or set up a screen to do them.

Sorry for the dead end.

• http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…%3AIT&viewitem=

[Blocked Image: http://home.comcast.net/~across36/ebay/C2AZ9355A-FoMoCo1.jpg]

Another rare, obsolete Lunch Pail part! Bowls like this were factory-installed on all 1965 Mustang models, including all Shelby GT-350 units. Similar bowls were also used on 1967 Shelby GT-500 fuel pumps, as well as on many other 1963-1965 Ford & Mercury cars.

Most 289, 352, 390(before mid-August 1964) 428PI (1967 GT-500, only)

• Why don't (Richard) sell his stuff since he has no desire to do them again?Also look at the pic above as all the talk about color being off white is NOT true.The canister is white/white in color with the red lettering!

Why don't (Richard) sell his stuff since he has no desire to do them again?Also look at the pic above as all the talk about color being off white is NOT true.The canister is white/white in color with the red lettering!

His stuff- his choice. No telling what the future will bring.

As for the color IMHO you can't can't trust tone/tints on the internet too many different settings in digital cameras and monitor settings. I see differences between the real part and the pictures I have all the time - one of the reasons I cut sections from floor panels now since I can't rely on the pictures I take matching the real thing. JMHO of course

• The cannister Allen sells is the same as one I had

on a rebuilt pump. My NOS pump has another lettering,

not so much red fields as this one. I don't know the

significance of this difference but the one on my car is dated

May 28, 1965 and the other is much newer.

/Bo

The cannister Allen sells is the same as one I had

on a rebuilt pump. My NOS pump has another lettering,

not so much red fields as this one. I don't know the

significance of this difference but the one on my car is dated

May 28, 1965 and the other is much newer.

/Bo

I would imagine that Allen's listing is a later service part. No doubt those colors in the ebay image are too vibrant; photoshop, ebay optimization or something similar.

Charles - can you have them match both colors? I am willing to try to make a stencial or a stamp.

Jeff - did Richard use stamps or stencils?

I have an NOS one from an old blue/grey FoMoCo box. I'll get it color-matched sometime next week.

Do you have a color match that you can share?

Jeff - did Richard use stamps or stencils?

Rich used a flat stamp mounted on block and rolled the coil over it. The biggest problem he had was smears. I don't remember the ink type but back in my electronic days, we used an epoxy based ink for stamps. It was a bitch to clean up. If you were going to try this, I would recommend stamping the date code with a separate 'roll' type stamp.

Jim

I have an NOS one from an old blue/grey FoMoCo box. I'll get it color-matched sometime next week.

Caspian65, Did you have a chance to obtain a color match for the canister that you can share?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!