RADIATOR NEEDED FOR 65 HiPo

• Hi All , i need too source a New Raditor for my 65 , can someone point me in the Right Direction of where too buy a Nice unit that Looks real Close too Original,i normally Buy my Parts from NPD .Has any one had Experience with NPDs Units.

Or better still does anyone have a Rebuilt Original.

Any help would be much appreiated.

Shane

• Shane, you should post your build date and assembly plant on here as somebody may be able to come up with the correct original radiator for you. There is really nothing quite like the original and knowing you as I do, I know that you would not want anything less. The repros will really not be what you want.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks Fred , date is 20th August 65,San Jose.

I would most likely be happy with any 65 Date Radiator.

Would even settle for a Good brand New Unit.

Did The HiPo Radiators still have the Auto Trans Fittings in the Bottom tank, my Thinking is that they Didnt .

Shane

• Shane,

You need a radiator with the following markings bossed

into the top tank:

C4ZE W-MO

G2 or Y2 5, 6 or maybe 7, 65

Very tricky to find.

/Bo

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks Fred , date is 20th August 65,San Jose.

I would most likely be happy with any 65 Date Radiator.

Would even settle for a Good brand New Unit.

Did The HiPo Radiators still have the Auto Trans Fittings in the Bottom tank, my Thinking is that they Didnt .

Shane

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

From what I see in the 64-66 Mustang Production Guide, that scheduled build date would be the last day of production for 1965 Mustangs. As a majority of transmissions installed (62 pct - re Mustang Does It) were automatic, finding one for a MT V8 is going to be hard.

Jim

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

............ i imagine a Radiator of that vintage going too be real tough to find.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Consider that your competing (looking for such a radiator) with all the 65 Shelby owners that are looking for one also

Don't have to be expensive - you just have to be lucky

Found a 5 65 manual one at a yard during my last visit, so they are out there. Before everyone sends me an email wanting to buy it - no I didn't purchase it (though the owner would have been happy with $50 for it likely) Instead I told the owner an idea of what it was worth and directed him towards a way to sell it - I'm sure its gone and I made two people, likely, very happy

Edited by - J_Speegle on 01/29/2010 22:39:59

• Shane,

The C4ZE is the Ford number, Z= released for a Mustang

W-MO means the Modine factory in W? California. Forgot the name

of the city.

G2 means it's for a 65 4-speed 289. Y2 means the same thing and

nobody, so far has been able to explain the difference, like HiPo

or non-HiPo. I have never seen anything else than G2 on a 65 Shelby.

5,6 or 7 Date code=month, May, June, July and 65 is 1965 of course.

/Bo

Does anyone know what a C4ZE "Z2" would be for, I have one i may want to sell.

Mike

It's for an automatic V8 car. Keep in mind the bottom tank may have been changed in the past. I have about 2 or 3 of these.

• I have a C4ZE Z2 as well. The Z was stamped on a tag rather than embossed. The small Z was then soldered next to the 2. Curiousity finally got the best and for the sake of research I finally heated the solder and removed the Z. Drum roll please........under the Z was a B.

So I have a San Jose

C4ZE with date code W-MO 6 64

B2

with a Z tag I will throw in. For an automatic

What was a B2??

Edited by - poboy427 on 02/12/2010 21:53:24

Edited by - poboy427 on 02/12/2010 21:55:21

Edited by - poboy427 on 02/12/2010 22:22:09

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!