POLL- Yellow VS. Blue, Red, or Black

• My kar is originally Phonecian Yellow with black standard interior.

It is going to the body shop next week for some minor sheet metal repair. Less than one percent of the 65 k codes were painted this color. Should I repaint it the original color? If this kar were available for sale down the road, would the fact that it is yellow,

hinder the sale of the kar vs. it being repainted in another 65 color such as a silver blue or a black etc... and if you were looking to buy a fastback, what color would be most desireable to you. Come on guys,give me your comments. Thanks in advance. Ken

• On a K kar I would go back the original color, if you can live with it. If you can't live with the yellow then paint it what ever makes you happy. I would be very happy with a yellow K fastback myself.

Larry

• Well I will be the one, to tell you to paint it as if you are just ordering it. thats what I tould my customers. I had a 66 k gt f/b that was springtime yellow, I painted it candyapple red and had a lot of fun with it. And then sold it real easy. just my opinion. Merry x/mas ever one.

• I had a 66 Hipo GT convertible with black pony interior. It was originally Sauterne Gold and I repainted it the original color. It looked good when the paint is still new and shiny however I really did not like the color. I ended up selling the Kar because I was not in love with the color. Had I painted it a color that I liked, I probably would have kept it. A Kar can always be repainted back to its original color if a future owner wants to however it is your Kar and you need to keep yourself happy. It is not as if you are radiusing the rear wheel wells and tubbing it for huge tires.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• My initial thought was to keep it original, then I got to thinking, as long as you keep the original door tag on it wouldn't be that big a deal. I'm not a huge fan of Springtime Yellow, but then it's great to find K's that are not the run of the mill red. You have to live with the colour, go for what you really like.

Have fun.

Happy New Year to you all.

Regards,

René

• Yes, it is essential that you keep the door tag original. I personally can't stand it when people restamp their tags to suit their taste and we lose another footnote in history forever!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!