Vin number database

• K-owners,

Did want to mention I have a vin database with over 350 entries where I document apron vin, block vin and transmission vin along with who owns them. I do this in anticipation of locating my own drivetrain someday but also to help others marry up with their original drivetrain. If you'd like to share yours, I promise I will keep your information confidential. The more I have the more our chances increase to finding our original drivetrains. If you'd like to check if your vin is on my list please contact me.

Evan

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Edited once, last by Evantugby (December 8, 2020 at 1:20 AM).

• Evantugby April 24, 2020 at 4:49 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Vin number databasae” to “Vin number database”.
  • Hi, I am restoring a K code Fastback 1965. Original Ivy green with Ivy gold interior. I got the original engine and rear axle. The short ratio gearbox I am still searching. My VIN is 5F09K316559. It has been sitting in a barn since 1976

• Ashep65K--This is the first time I've logged your vin but it is #297 in my database. The more vins people share the better I can link people up with their original blocks/transmissions. A phone number for you would be helpful so in case I do find something I can call you right away.

JimmyHernaut--This is the first time I've logged your vin as well but it is #298 in my database. A phone number for you would be helpful so in case I do find something I can call you right away.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Add me to the list as well please. November built fastback vin# 5f09k342840. Missing engine and 4spd. Last known location central Alabama in the early 80’s. Thank you

• relicdog,

I must have saw a previous post a few years ago that you were looking for this vin stamped transmission, as I had noted this vin belonged to you in my database sometime around 2018. Unfortunately I have not logged the transmission into my database but if I do run across it I will be sure to let you know. Would prefer your phone number for immediate contact to you should I find it.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Add me to the list as well please. November built fastback vin# 5f09k342840. Missing engine and 4spd. Last known location central Alabama in the early 80’s. Thank you

Same thing for you Kmoses. I have not ran across your block or trans but did make a note in 2018 you were looking for it on the old website. Would love to log your phone number down so I can contact you quicker. Thanks!

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Thanks Evan,

Finding original trans. would be great, since the Kar has original vin.

stamped engine.

Phone # 540-247-4596

Relicdog

Thanks Relicdog. I jotted down that your engine block has a matching vin stamp but you are looking for your original transmission. Thanks for your phone number. I'll be sure to contact you if I ever run across it.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Are you aware that there are about 1490 HP VINs listed in "The High Performance Mustang" Fourth Edition by Tony Gregory.

Jim

The difference here is that there is a person who is actually able to possibly connect people where the Tony Gregory database is purely an inactive list with nobody behind it that is active. With all of the information in the Tony Gregory database, it is a shame that there is nobody behind it. Evan is just trying to help where he can.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Are you aware that there are about 1490 HP VINs listed in "The High Performance Mustang" Fourth Edition by Tony Gregory.

Jim

yes sir I am aware. But the k-code database listed in Tony Gregory's book helps no one find there original vin stamped block/transmission for their kar. My mission is to help owners find there original vin stamped drivetrain. Example: If you told me you owned Kar 5R09K111111 and someone else told me they have block 5R09K111111, I would set up a phone call between the two of you to have a discussion. It's quite simple.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Edited 2 times, last by Evantugby (February 10, 2021 at 1:25 AM).

• Hi Evan - Would you please add my VIN to your database? I am looking for my original engine, complete or parts. 5F07K704598

xirtam67,

I did document your vin several years back no doubt from you posting it on the old site. If you provide me your phone number I can add it to your entry and get a hold of you faster should I run across your vin-stamped drivetrain.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• Hi Evan - Would you please add my VIN to your database? I am looking for my original engine and trans 6R09K129448. Telephone number 909-251-9696. Thanks

Restoring 6R09K129448
    1966 K Code Fastback
    Factory GT
    Hesperia, CA

Restored
    1986 Mustang GT
    T-Tops
    Hesperia, CA

• Hi IJetman,

I ran your vin in my spreadsheet and have NOT ran across this vin before. I entered your vin and contact info and if I ever run across your engine or transmission I will be sure to reach out to you. Thank you for sharing!

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!