• New listing by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>$62,000</b>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>This is a very rare and early 1965 Mustang "K" code convertible. I have owned it for about five years and drive it to car shows and occasionally for a weekend drive, otherwise, always in my garage. I bought it from a friend of mine in Pennsylvania who has a Shelby restoration business who happened to have a friend that was selling the car. The car was completely restored around 1982. The engine was rebuilt around the same time; new pistons, valves, oil/gas pump, everyting was magnafluxed. Since then, it has won many trophies, one of which was "concours". I have a book of pictures regarding the retoration process. I also have all the reciepts. According to my Shelby friend, the owner was a collector and pretty much just entered this car in shows. It shows no rust, the car is straight. It was repainted (original color) when restored and I had to have the hood repainted about two years ago (perfect color match) due to a garage door operator arm that scratched the hood. The only flaw are two very small nicks on the trunk. Since I have had the car I have installed an aluminum hi-rise manifold (not a repro) C90X-9424B. A Holley 715cfm carburetor 4556D on front of carb, 455703on back of carburetor, E2Ms-9510-A, List 3259-1, 1940, also not a repo. I put on tri-y's with flowmaster mufflers.Except for the Flowmasters, the upgrades are the same as the 1965/66 Shelby. New Petronix instead of points. The tachometer and clock work on and off, it should be sent out and restored. The steeing wheel I bought off E-bay (it is an original) and had it restored by Virginia Mustang. Also since I have owned the car, I have ; had the original alternator rebuilt, installed a 4-row radiator, new Autolite battery, new steel styled wheels (5), and new redline tires (5). I also pulled the engine to re-detail the compartment and engine. Upon doing so, I checked the engine number (on the lower right side) and what I could mke out was that it is the same number as on the VIN. I would rate the car at a "2" The car is being sold "As Is". To the "Buy It Now" winner- I will include the original exhaust manifold; beaded and painted, the original intake manifold; beaded and painted, the origianal carburetor, and the original steering wheel. Engine professionally maintained. I am the third owner.

Year: 5 1965

Plant: F Dearborn, Michigan

Body Series: 08 Convertible

Engine: K 289 4v HiPo

Unit: 305419

Body: 76A Convertible, Standard interior

Color: Y Silver Blue Metallic

Trim: D2 White Crinkle vinyl with Blue Appointments, Standard Interior

Date: 01 October 01,, 1964

D.S.O. Philadelphia

Axle: 8 3.89:1, Conventional

Trans: 5 4-Speed Manual

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

auction link

[Blocked Image: http://i21.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/b6/d4/f82d_1.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i12.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/b6/d4/ff31_1.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b6/d5/045c_1.JPG]

• The spare tire hold down bolt is longer for a styled steel wheel so that it can be mounted face up. I believe that Charles Turner will concur with me on this. I also have a smaller diameter spare tire hold down clamp that I use on styled steel wheels which I believe to be correct although it may be for a later year.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• IF the buy now is reached he will include the correct removed parts? Jeez...

My kar has the original longer spare tire bolt and smaller hold down for styled wheels as well.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The spare tire hold down bolt is longer for a styled steel wheel so that it can be mounted face up. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That is correct; SSW spare is mounted face up with a long 3/8 NC carriage bolt and a smaller hold down plate than regular wheels.

It is nice to see a non-GT car. If the driveline is all there and correct the new BIN price is not far off.

Edited by - round2K on 10/25/2007 07:59:49

• Would like to buy that longer spare tire carriage bolt and smaller hold down for styled steel wheel spare. Was this supplied by ford? First I am hearing of it. Any Mustang houses sell them or does anyone have NOS or used ones for sale? Thanks, Ed

• Ed,

The bolt that you need is 9 1/2 inches long and fits a very few, but not all, 65 to 67 full size Fords. If you want exact applications you can contact me. The retainer plate was actually a 68 full size Mercury part. I do have an NOS bolt and I may have an extra used retainer but I am away from home at the moment so I am unsure of that.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Thanks Fred...Please advise when you get a chance. Ed

Ed,

The bolt that you need is 9 1/2 inches long and fits a very few, but not all, 65 to 67 full size Fords. If you want exact applications you can contact me. The retainer plate was actually a 68 full size Mercury part. I do have an NOS bolt and I may have an extra used retainer but I am away from home at the moment so I am unsure of that.

-Fred-

[/quote]

• The NOS styled steel wheel hold down bolt that I have is the hook style and not the carriage bolt style.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!