• I'm a new member who recently bought a 65 GT fastback with interior decor group, rally pack, console, no radio and heater delete. It's been repainted but in great shape. I'm fixing a number of small items and seem to be ordering parts daily. I'd post a few pictures here if I could figure it out how to do so. I also own a Unique Cobra kit car. I'm a regular reader of ClubCobra and UniqueCobra forums and look forward to reading this one regularly,

Walter

• Welcome to the forum, Walter

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I'll try to figure out the picture posting info. I have a copy of what is supposed to be an original window sticker, but I question one item on it. It looks authentic, but the selling dealer is in Jacksonville, Florida yet the DSO on the VIN plate on the car is 21, indicating Atlanta. Being a Ford dealer myself, I know Jacksonville was in the Jacksonville District. Something's not right. How can I get or find a build sheet? I wouldn't think Ford would keep records that long.

Walter

• Welcome Walter, if you need help with pictures..

and they are in a file on your computer just go to:

http://tinypic.com/

Click on the "Browse"

then find the folder that the pictures are in on your computer

Click on The Picture that you want to post.

Click on "OPEN"

Click on the Green "UPLOAD NOW"

wait wait wait..

Under links to share, use the:

IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards

Looks like..

[IMG}http://i36.tinypic.com/2z68spz.jpg{IMG]

click on this line, then Right click "Copy" copy the line of text.

come back to the forum here and Right click "Paste"

paste the line in the text where you would like it.

when you use "Preview" you will see your picture then "Post New Reply"

Good Luck!

If you need more help you can email the picture to me and then I'll post them.

[Blocked Image: http://i36.tinypic.com/2z68spz.jpg]

<b></b><b></b><b></b><i></i><b></b><font color=green></font id=green><font color=black></font id=black>

Edited by - qballll on 12/08/2008 22:52:14

• Very good looking Kar!! Very unusual to be equipped for appearance and performance and then not equipped with creature comforts the way it is.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The console was a stand alone option, not part of the interior decor package. You look to have a very nice car with just enough unusual options to catch your eye.

• You're right. I believe my console was added after the fact. I removed it to paint and recondition it and upon reinstalling, I've noticed there are no screw holes in trans tunnel. The screws appear to have previously only gone into the carpet. Even though it appeared sturdy, I'm thinking of drilling into tunnel. Any reason not to?

Walter

• Be careful about drilling through the carpet as it will wind up getting stuck to the drill bit and shredding the carpet. I use a long awl and just punch small holes into the tunnel for the screws with a hammer. Be careful when putting in the screws as they can also shred the carpet.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Hi Walter.

Great looking car. A tip someone gave me on this site was to use a solder iron on the carpet where you're going to drill through as well. I had the holes but no console. This worked for me. Fred's on top of it though.

René

• Nice car - welcome to the group.

Maybe we can get our cars together when mine is done - I'm outside Atlanta and my car is the opposite of yours - raven black red interior non GT non Pony - would be a cool picture with opposite North and South Poles of the HiPo spectrum in '65 K Fastbacks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!