• Does not look like a real GT to me. The brake master cylinder looks like it is for drums and the GT logos themselves are in the wrong place. I would also have this car checked over to see if it still has the K engine in it.

• A lot of non-FoMoCo parts under the hood, but that does appear to me to be a DiscC master cylinder - just painted black.

Can't say if the GT badges are correct, but they sure look a little to far forward......Door tag info would help.

If it has a VIN stamped block and tranny this would be a good project unless rust or accident damage is an issue - closer inspection would help.

• The GT badge should be pretty much straight up above the "M" on the drivers side and straight up above the "G" on the passengers side. This Kar seems to be correct on this.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I have seen the car. I have posted in the general discussion about it if you want to read on it. It's a complete car that will need everything. Engine rebuild, new interior, paint and body work, front end you know the whole nine. The roof is kind of bad. IT would have been nice if he would have taken some pics of it.

• Being as the engine is blue, is it possible that it has already been rebuilt once before? The heater core must be bad as it is bypassed. It would have been better to have more different pictures rather than so many duplicates of the same pictures. If the Kar is truly as represented, it would make someone a desirable and reasonably rare Kar when completed. Unfortunately, the budget for this Kar needs to have very pockets even without any rust issues. However, I would certainly find this to be an easier restoration than a rusty Kar as I am sure that many of you here will agree.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The car will require a lot of work but will be nice when finished. I could have sworn that the owner told me it had white interior with red appointments. Well you can only get that in black appts. with the red exterior color. I have tried to contact him and no response. The last time I spoke to him he said that the car was leaking fuel at the fuel pump and at the sending unit and probably would not be able to be drivin for a test drive until both gas leaks were fixed. The car has power steering on it right now that is leaking everywhere and it looked like a possible rear main seal leak. If your going to pull the engine to rebuild it then that shouldn't be a issue at all. If any one has any qiuestions I will try and answer them to the best of my ability. I'm going to pass on the car unless he sells it to me for my $26,500 offering price. I really don't want to spend for then 25k for it though.

• Yes the car wil require work, but I agree with Fred about it being a good project car. There aren't going to be any fastbacks available for $26K that are restored; they will all require a lot work. There are also four days left on the auction and the car appears to be heading higher.

• The seller has now posted additional pictures and information. The picture of the left side trunk drop off shows some sort of patch to the quarter panel in that area.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• That is actually a roof shingle. On the right side there is some insualtion stuck in very front of the quarter panel as well. I assume the owner before the present one had something to do in construction and maybe tried to make it have less road noise. Not really sure.

Edited by - rickytz7111 on 11/13/2007 10:39:41

• I would never have thought of that apparent quarter panel patch as a roofing shingle. Thanks for pointing that out. The carburetor does appear to be of the correct type and not a clone as so many are. I am unable to make out the tag though.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The carb is correct for the car and was sent off I think a year ago to pony carbs and was bebuilt. He had a receipt for it. I couldn't believe that shingle was there either. I didn't peel it back to see if it had body work done under it. The car just wasn't described to me to well. He said it was a nice driver car. I would have called it a totally unrestored solid car with a paint job about 15 years ago on it and a rough roof. The car is not driveable until you fix the gas leaks and the overheating problem. I didn't see any water in the oil so I would think the heads and block are good. But I can't say for sure. I never cranked up the car to hear ot run.

Edited by - rickytz7111 on 11/13/2007 12:20:30

• Can somone tell me if ragoon red came with the F5 interior combo. I looked up in a friends book that red only came with these color combos in pony 65, 66, f6 and f9. Not F5 Thanks

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

As far as the interior not according to my friends book. Those choices that I stated above were the only colors in pony for a red car.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I owned a 66 'A' code hardtop that came from the factory in 'Springtime Yellow', code 8, and with a 'Parchment and Black' interior, code F9, a combination not listed in the standard interior and without a special DSO. Ford was interested in selling cars and color combinations were the least of their worries. A 'Rangoon Red' and a 'Pony' White and Red interior are not outside the realm of possibility. A red car with a yellow interior or a red car with a blue interior would probably not make it past the the order desk.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!