• Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller blewhobie

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Extremely Rare Original 1966 Fastback GT "K" Code (6R09K******)

Original Numbers Matching 289/271 HP Hi Perf Engine

Original Numbers Matching 4 Speed Transmission

Information from the Data Plate is as Follows

Body 63B (the "B" indicates Factory Pony Interior)

Color "T" ( T indicates the original color was Candy Apple Red)

Trim Code "F-3" (Indicates Parchment vinyl w/Burgundy carpet)

Date "02F" (Indicates the car was built on June 2, 1966)

DSO "51" (Indicates the car was originally shipped to Denver)

Axle "5" (Indicates the original Axle Ratio was 3:50-1)

Transmission "5" (Indicates the Original Transmission was a 4 Speed)

Some of the Information from the Window Sticker

Candy Apple Red exterior

Parchment Pony Interior

Factory Four Speed

Factory 9" Rear End with 3:50 Closed

Full Length Console

Styled Steel Wheels

This car was completely restored over a period of three years and finished in 2004. The Car has been driven less than 2000 miles since the restoration was complete. Mostly to car shows and cruise night events. Stored in a heated garage since restoration completed.

The car was restored as a Concours correct project car by a group of professionals working in concert with the owner. (Me)

I will be adding more pictures in the next day or so, and I have many more pictures avalable upon request.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<center>

auction link

[Blocked Image: http://i19.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/8b/5f/ed52_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8b/81/f19d_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i23.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/8b/81/f41f_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/8b/81/f2d4_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i23.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/8b/81/f36e_12.JPG]

</center>

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 02/13/2007 21:39:16

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Does anyone have comments on this car ? Appears to be a pretty clean exanple, but your trained eye's are much better than mine. in addition, since the seller is not disclosing the price, do you think its worth low-mid 40's ?

Thanks...

• Myself, I wouldn't shell out big dollars for a car loaded with repop body panels. Looks like this one has the old style repop driver's door without the cattlegrain stamped into the interior metal. If it were just one door, it could be replaced with an original. But if the car has more repop exterior panels, I feel it should reduce the car's value accordingly. Just my 2 cents.

• Is that the correct fuel pump or should it have a button top? Also, the engine paint looks too light to me, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Have to admit it is a nice looking car. Whether it is all correct or not I don't know.

Gary

• Was undecided between red line radials and BF Goodrich TA's for my 65 rangoon red GT K-code fastback. Just when I decided to go red line I see this kar. WOW!...beautiful. Now I am undecided once again. A white 8k rally pack would really set this kar off.....Ed

• Very beautiful except for the repainted shocks with worn-out bushings, non-freshened hardware, white overspray here and there... Great looking car otherwise, though.

• This is a good-looking K. Anyone in the market for a FB should give it a look. It's not the best one I've seen for sale in the last couple of years and it's not the cheapest although the K's are going up in price and may really take off in the next year or two. Personally I would have to see the car (any car this expensive)before I bought it but I know that's not possible for everyone so there is some risk in relying on pics and description.

In addition to all the pics,I called the seller. He was very open and seemed honest in all his answers to my questions. He was very willing to disclose the "faults" and describe what was done in the restoration. The Kar isn't perfect by any means but there are some nice things about it. Apparently it was in decent shape to start the restoration... hadn't been driven in about 20 years. There was prior collision damage but little rust. There were body panels that were replaced. The inner DS fender was replaced with the vins cut out of the damaged panel and welded into the replacement. Seller says this was very well done. DS door was redone and original data plate applied to replaced door. Kar was restored to original configuration.

Kar apparently had the original engine, trans and most of the K specific parts when aquired for restoration. The trans has the vin. The block may... or it may not... seller is not certain the vin is there, that would have to be verified. To be totally correct some parts would need to be replaced, the carb for one, an expensive one. The rear end is apparently not the original.

Interior was totally redone. The car was a different color with wrong color interior when aquired so needed everything. Interior was done to what is believed the original color scheme. Car was apparently a GT with pony interior as it is now.

Overall, the workmanship appears to be good in most areas although there are obvious small improvements that could be made. Seller says paint is correct and nice. It does have a couple of years of light driving since restoration so not perfect.

If the car were mine, assuming it is as good as it appears to be, I wouldn't let it go for less than $40K at this point in time. At that price no one would accuse you of stealing it but it could prove to be a very timely buy if prices continue to follow the Shelby prices higher. As far as I'm concerned, if a Shelby in similar condition is worth $150,000, a K such as this Kar is an extremely good buy. I believe the K should have a very good upside. But the value will depend on what someone is willing to pay and what others are going for.

I'd plan on spending a few thousand on it to get it like I would want it and that's assuming that no unknown major problems turned up in an inspection.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Does anyone have comments on this car ? Appears to be a pretty clean exanple, but your trained eye's are much better than mine. in addition, since the seller is not disclosing the price, do you think its worth low-mid 40's ?

Thanks...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

• In response to some comments about this car, the door shell is not a repro and the engine VIN above the pan rail has now had the paint cleaned off and it matches the Kar. The engine has a replacement C8ZE Hipo balancer. The engine has a hydraulic camshaft. The rear end housing is correct and has reinforcement plates welded to the housing at the spring brackets. The Kar was raced in a previous life and this is a common modification to keep the axle housing from spinning on the spring mounting plates. The plates can be easily removed. The rear end center section is a later model piece with a fill plug and has the original 66 snubber. It has a repro fan and exhaust manifolds. The right side fender aprons are original and the VIN is intact and correct as read from underneath the aprons.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Spoke to owner he said car was sold for 43K

Not bad considering

• Back on E-Bay

By Seller: "nc770" (dealer)

In: Hollywood, Florida

Reserve Not Met @ $29.1k

Listing Info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>INTRODUCING TO THE PUBLIC FOR SALE THIS BEAUTIFUL1966 FORD MUSTANG FASTBACK!

Please take the time to look and review the presentation of this magnificent vehicle. We are confident you will not be disappointed. This exceptional looker is beautifully finished in high gloss red paint with white interior seating with matching piping and black carpets. Look closely at the photos and you will see the quality care that this remarkable 43 year old beauty has received.

We believe this model is destined to become an even more popular upcoming collectable model than it already is today. This forecast positions the current value of the make and model very positively for you, the new owner to reap a significant profit from the resale within the classic car industry in the years to come.

Vehicle Overview

Production Stats:

Standard Fastback: 27,809 units

Luxury Fastback: 7,889 units

Total Production: 35,698 units

Retail Price: $2,607 Standard Fastback

1966 was the last year Ford offered the original Mustang Fastback. Although the Mustang had a stellar year in sales, the Fastback experienced a 50-percent decrease in sales over the previous model year. In all, about 35,000 Mustang Fastbacks were produced in 1966, making this model highly sought after by Mustang collectors.

In 1966, the Fastback featured a redesigned grille, new instrument cluster, and new styled wheels. An automatic transmission became available for the “Hi-Po” V8. Side scoops were absent on the GT model, making for a cleaner look, while driving lamps were offered as standard equipment. In addition, the GT featured side racing stripes which took the place of chrome rocker panels, giving the vehicle a serious performance racing look. 1966 was also the first year Mustang featured standard backup lights.

One of the most distinct features of the 1966 Fastback Mustang is the car’s exit vents which work with the vehicle’s fully-functional silent-flo interior ventilation system. The car also came with an AM radio.

Exterior

Our 1966 Mustang is painted stunning red paint that is breathtaking in any source of lighting. It is powered by an Engine Code K: 289 cubic inch V-8 engine @ 271hp w/10.5:1 compression and a four-barrel carburetor that runs as smooth as the best Swiss clock. The overall quality appearance of this car whether you are standing 10 feet or 1 foot away makes your mouth water even if your not a Ford fan. When you lay your eyes on this car you also cannot deny how it has endured very majestically over these 43 years.

Interior

The interior components are in excellent condition along with period and model correct. This car will serve you super well in your local Ford Club or Mustang club as well as a great and fun cruiser to the beach, the car show, to dinner or anywhere! When you grab onto the steering wheel and gear shifter and climb in you quickly get that feeling of the 1960's surging right into your brain as you grasp on. Absolutely a must see car is the best words to explain her condition and the off the chart fun meter. No disappointments here!

THE OWNER HAS PRICED THE CAR TO SELL, SO DO NOT MISS OUT & BUY TODAY!

If you have any questions about this or any of our other autos please feel free to contact us via e-mail by clicking here or you can call at 888.932.7678.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/For…A1%7C240%3A1318

link

Edited by - 66tiger on 07/27/2009 16:57:56

• Did we come out of the recession and go head long into a very steep inflation? Did I miss something? I, for one, hope he gets close to his asking price (except that it means I probably need to raise my insurance).

Jack

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!