• Sold for ???? <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Mustang Fastback. Car has been in CA from 1965 until about 2 months ago. 4 speed , 9" rear with a 3:89 rear gear. I have copies of the original bill of sale, window sticker, and original owner warrantee card. All original sheet metal (laser straight), floors look fantastic, original carpet complete with the original dry sound deadener attached, seats and headliner (incredible) THIS CAR IS LASER STRAIGHT ORIGINAL BODY PANELS, DRY CALIFORNIA CAR This car was originally the very rare silver smoke Grey with black interior. The car was cloned to Shelby specs in 1966 with correct NOS Shelby Parts. The car has a correct original export brace (even bolt spacing), monte Carlo bar, Shelby closed letter valve covers, Shelby small letter intake, correct Shelby carb, under ride traction bars, and an original Talbot Shelby mirror. The car has had 1 re paint to white with blue stripes (in the 60s). The engine retains all of its correct K code specific parts, has a 19 and a 20 heads, correct dual point distributor, harmonic ballancer, alternator and pulleys, brackets, fan, and fan shroud. I had a K Code expert come and evaluate the car and authenticate the date codes on all of the parts. This car has ALL of it?s original stuff. It does has a 1968 302 block. I don?t know if it has the original crank and guts in it or not but you can hear those solid lifters when you crank it. The car runs great and the paint is 10 footer. The value of the Shelby specific parts alone would pay for the paint job to restore this car to its original silver smoke grey K code (non Shelby status) The car is located in Atlanta GA and I can assist with transportation. To check out additional photos go to http://www.gamusclecars.com I am not a dealer, my buddy let me put the photos on his site. If you have questions call 404-663-3428

63A = 2 + 2 Fastback (body)

K = Siver Smoke Grey (very rare exterior color)

26 = Black Standard (interior)

71 = Los Angeles (DSO) still had CA plates on the car

8 = 3:89 (rear axel ratio)

5 = 4 speed manual<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> *Can't figure out how to save the pic's to post here.

ebay link

• This car has been discussed here before. I'm only a few miles from the car, know the seller, and have inspected the car. It is very very original and 100% as advertised.

If anyone has questions about the car please send me a private email.

• You could call it a killer - but it appears all the hipo stuff was transfered over. The original owner has passed away, so I'm not sure if anyone knows what happened. All the externally ID-able hipo parts are there and dated correct for the car - the pan will need to be pulled to confirm the crank, caps, and rods. If these parts are there you could find a datecode correct 289 block and be back to original configuration with a little machining.

• So buy the car for the $36,000 asking price and restore it to original. Do as the seller suggests and sell off the "Shelby specific" parts which he thinks would bring enough money to pay to return the car to original. Yeah, right. This car is unrestored. The car will never have the original block in it even if you do find a date-coded 289 and have all the proper date-coded K items to put on it. You could paint it to the original silver-smoke but is that going to be enough? Is the "original interior" nice enough to satisfy? I doubt it. How about the undercarraige? Probably needs the whole load there, suspension, brakes, etc. and who knows what all else. I don't know what the "Shelby specific" parts are worth but my shot-in-the-dark guess is you would put at least $10,000, and if you even half-way do it right more like $20,000 in this car. So you'd only have about $45 to $55 grand in it. It would bother me more than a little to have that much money in the car and not have the original block in it and not do a complete restoration on it. I'd be more inclined to just leave it like it is, it's pretty nice, but it would have to be under $25,000, well under in my opinion, but I suppose in today's inflated market someone is going to pay a lot more for it. That's fine with me, makes my car worth even more than I've come to think it's worth these days! When mine hits $50,000 I'm going to sell it and it looks like it's just about there. I'd hate to part with it but that would just be too much money that can be put to better use.

• More power to the guy if he can get $36k. I'm happy that our cars are moving up in value like they should be.

You'll probably regret selling at $50k next year, it will probably go up more the year after that.

• I would have to agree that there is a good possibility the K-code Mustangs are going to keep right on going up and at a pretty rapid rate. They are very desirable cars what with all the interest in the new Mustangs and the Shelby cars and their tremendous price jumps. Selling a good K-code anytime in the last couple of years has cost the seller a lot of appreciation. Any decision to sell a Hipo has to be month to month and based on what's going on in the market, both for classic cars and the economy in general. What goes up usually comes down, there is usually at least a price correction period. Don't want to sell too soon but don't want to wait until the bottom drops out either, if indeed that ever happens. I love the vintage cars but it has to be an ecomomic decision to some extent also.

• Back again on E-Bay: seller "drc302"

Reserve not met @ $20,100.00 this time around

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Mustang Fastback. Car has been in CA from 1965 until about 6 months ago. 4 speed , 9" rear with a 3:89 rear gear. I have copies of the original bill of sale, window sticker, and original owner warrantee card. All original sheet metal (laser straight), floors look fantastic, original

carpet complete with the original dry sound deadener attached, seats and headliner (incredible)

THIS CAR IS LASER STRAIGHT ORIGINAL BODY PANELS, DRY CALIFORNIA CAR This car was

originally silver smoke Grey with black interior. The car was cloned to Shelby specs in 1966 with correct NOS Shelby Parts. The car has a correct original export brace (even bolt spacing),monte Carlo bar, Shelby closed letter valve covers, Shelby small letter intake,

under ride traction bars, and an original Talbot Shelby mirror. The Magnum 500s are even from a Hertz car The car has had 1 re paint to white

with blue stripes (in the 60s). The engine retains all of its correct K code specific parts, has a 19 and a 20 heads, correct dual point distributor, harmonic ballancer, alternator and pulleys, brackets, fan, and fan shroud. I had a K Code expert come and evaluate and authenticate

the date codes on all of the parts. This car has ALL of it’s original stuff. It does has a 1968 302 block. I don’t know if it has the original crank and guts in it or not but you can hear those solid lifters when you crank it. The car runs great and the paint is 10 footer. The value

of the Shelby specific parts alone would pay for the paint job to restore this car to its original silver smoke grey K code (non Shelby status) The car is located in Atlanta GA and

I can assist with transportation. If you have any further questions please call 404-663-3428

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

This car was listed back in Jan 06 by same seller

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…rms=5r09k140804

Edited by - 66tiger on 10/24/2006 23:32:59

• I think this car has been on the market for around the last 2 years. I have been looking for around that time and remember seeing it near the start of my search on http://www.cars-on-line.com/22758.html. I saw it, read it then dismissed it. I ended up buying David Mc's car at 4K cheaper and judging by the pics, this one doesn't come within a bull's roar of my baby. There's a very good reason it's still on the market. For the quality it's way overpriced. LuvKcode's got it spot on imho.

Check out the ad at the above link. Price was reduced to $36K or $33K without the Shelby bits. What kind of paint job does that get you?

RP

Edited by - rene.pilat on 10/16/2006 01:36:14

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

...I'd be more inclined to just leave it like it is, it's pretty nice, but it would have to be under $25,000, well under in my opinion, but I suppose in today's inflated market someone is going to pay a lot more for it. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Well under $25,000 is being generous...

• I have inspected this car (so called "HI PO Expert" mentioned in the sales ad - I won't say I'm an expert but I've owned one and researched HiPo289s for over 25 years) and you guys are missing out on a good one here - IMHO. Yes you will pay a little bit more for this car, but it is ALL original and unmolested except for the paint, block, and exhaust - plus you have a ton of original Shelby parts - NOT REPOPS. You guys are passing on a very good original car worth a full restoration - no rust - great trim - and VERY nice original interior. Keep in mind guys that if this was a real Shelby missing the original block a restorer would find a correct dated 289 block and probably stamp it - plus the car would be 5-6 times the price. Besides any 289 block will do provided all the other HiPo bits are there - which I think is likely. And I'm sure the current owner would pull the pan to confirm before a sale. This car is worth more than you guys think based upon the original sheet metal you WON'T have to replace due to rust.

I'm above $20,000 just for paint and body due to rust - so what do you want - a bargin????

MY 2 cents.

• relisted here

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>1965 K Code Fastback Mustang

VIM Number

Specs from the door tag

Body 63A = 2 + 2 Fastback

Color K = Silver Smoke Grey

Trim 26 = Black Standard

Date 25J = September 25th 1964

DSO 71 = Los Angeles

Axle 8 = 3:89

Trans 5 = 4 Speed Manual

The Body

The Body on this car is a laser straight original sheet metal. There is no rust or damage anywhere on this car. The floors are incredible and it has its original ¼ panels. The car was painted some time in the 60s with the white and blue Shelby theme. The paint is glossy and has had some rock chip repair done. The gets a lot of attention at shows and cruise ins. The paint is not show quality but as the photos show is very presentable.

The Bottom

The bottom of the car is one of the best that I have ever seen. No rust. It has all of it’s original pans, the bump stop is in place. The car was ordered with disk brakes.

The Original Shelby Parts

As mentioned above the car was cloned to Shelby Specs some time in 1966 with ORIGINAL SHELBY PARTS AT THE FORD DEALERSHIP. It has an original SHELBY SM1 intake manifold, a set of original closed letter valve covers, an original export brace (even bolt spacing), an original Monte Carlo bar, original Shelby under ride traction bars, and an original Talbot Mirror from 1965. Last year a set of 14” Magnum 500 wheels ere added. These are stamped with a 1967 date code. After the installation we were informed that these were 1966 Hertz Shelby wheels. The Shelby parts alone are worth $4000 plus.

The Interior

The interior of this car is in absolutely incredible condition. It retains all original seats, carpet, headliner, and dash from 1965. The seats have no rips or tears and show almost no wear at all. There is one small area on the top of the passenger seat that needs to have the stitching tightened but the seat is not torn. The dash has a small crack at the speaker. There is a new repo that goes with the car. The carpet shows very well with only minor wear. The headliner looks new with no rips or sags. The bright work around the fold down seat is fantastic. The car retains its original AM radio (still works) although it’s a bit hard to hear over the solid lifters.

The Engine

The engine retains all of it’s original external K Code parts with the exception of the block. It presently has a 1968 302 Block. There is a correct date coded (Oct 64) 289 block included with the car(see photos). The car has a 19 and 20 heads on it, correct C5 dual point distributor, big balancer, altenator, pulleys, fan, and fan shroud. The car runs like a scalded dog and is very dependable. It has the correct Z bar, bell housing and Transmission. The rear end was rebuilt about a month ago and the 3:89 rear was replaced with a Richmond 3:91 set up.

The Documentation

The car was purchased with a slew or original owner documentation including the original window sticker, warrantee card, and the original receipt from the dealer. We have high resolution photos of these but unfortunately the original docs were lost in transport from CA to GA.

The Car

This car is a very solid rust free example of a very rare K code Mustang. It is very fast and gets plenty of attention wherever it goes. Restored K code fast backs are selling from 50-60K. The original silver smoke grey is a very rare and desirable color. Thanks for looking and good luck

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

• The block that goes with this car is not an October 64 date but rather an April 64 date and also it is a 5 bolt block which will not work.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• My father purchased this car 18 months ago,and we were very happy with what has been revealed in this car.Will post pics soon

Brockie

Edited by - brockie on 01/07/2010 06:38:37

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!