Rear End Brake Hose Question

• Anybody have a good pic of an original 65 K 9 inch rear end rubber brake hose or a good source and part number for a replacement?

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 09/27/2007 19:17:00

• Vendor of your choice, look for rear brake hose for dual exhaust for any 65-66 Mustang. NPD, Glaziers, or Virginia would be good s good starting point. I'm afraid if you can find an original it will be big dollars...

• Dave,

That is a really nice job that you have done on your Kar.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Good answer and nice pic...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I agree. Couldn't help noticing the early tranasverse muffler with the resonators in front.

• Did you have to re-use the original resonator hangers? I remember another post where someone said the repro muffler hangers had a shorter lower metal piece.

• There was a difference in the hanger length of the originals vs. the repros. I reused the original hangers and restored them with bead-blasting and zinc phosphate. The rubber on the front hangers was still in good shape. The system came from NPD and was made by Motive Industries. It required a bit of work to get it to fit as they did not have a hipo to test fit the system to when they designed it.

[Blocked Image: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9459/dsc3781xu0.jpg]

• This is kinda off the beaten path but I noticed your floor is painted black and wondered why?Isn't the bottom side of 65 Mustang suppose to be red oxide primered?

• It is an undercoat car, meaning it would have been a dealer application after delivery. Several colors are considered correct for painted undercarriages including red, black & slop gray.

Edited by - round2K on 10/04/2007 16:39:53

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This is kinda off the beaten path but I noticed your floor is painted black and wondered why?Isn't the bottom side of 65 Mustang suppose to be red oxide primered?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Dave has answered for his particular car but the color of the undercarriages depended on when and where the car was built. For example it appears to be an approx 6 week period (during Jan 65) at San Jose where black was used instead of the typical red oxide color. Other variations have been documented at Dearborn

Edited by - J_Speegle on 10/04/2007 17:06:39

What color would have been used on an early Dearborn 64.5-65 car?

Black and red-oxide were prevalent, but other colors have been found.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!