• Well its time to clean off another shelf. I have the following bell-housings forsale at 75.00 each plus shipping. They will need to be cleaned up and all are aluminum C5DA-6394-B. I can bead blast your purchase for a small fee if you wish.

10/64

2/65 one bolt hole has a little section missing but will not show with a bolt in it.

3/65

5/66

6/66

7/66

2/67

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 10/19/2006 22:42:17

• Hi,

Excuse my ignorence but where can I find the date code

on the bellhousings?

Mine is on the car and I can only see the cast numbers

C5DA-etc.

/Bo

• Bo,

If it's on the car you won't see it, the date is cast on the flat face that the tranny bolts to. The date is only the year (65, 66, etc.) and looks much like the date you see on the timing chain covers. On my original there is an oval FoMoCo logo and Sheffield logo in the same area.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• where are you finding the month date code? I am only seeing the year on mine.

Z.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Well its time to clean off another shelf. I have the following bell-housings forsale at 75.00 each plus shipping. They will need to be cleaned up and all are aluminum C5DA-6394-B. I can bead blast your purchase for a small fee if you wish.

10/64

2/65 one bolt hole has a little section missing but will not show with a bolt in it.

3/65

5/66

6/66

7/66

2/67

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 10/19/2006 22:42:17

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

• The date can be located on the flat spot usually to the lower left of the hole for the transmission. There will be a circle with the year cast into the bellhousing. Along the outside of the circle will be one to 12 raised dots which represent the months of the year. One being January etc.

Ken

• thanks Ken, now I can, er, connect the dots... (not necessarily a political message)

Z. Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The date can be located on the flat spot usually to the lower left of the hole for the transmission. There will be a circle with the year cast into the bellhousing. Along the outside of the circle will be one to 12 raised dots which represent the months of the year. One being January etc.

Ken

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

• Thanks for that info Ken, definitely not something I was aware of. Just checked my original bellhousing and there are two dots, meaning Feb. 66, which matches the late March 66 build date.

Dave
    6S1757

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

All 4 speed 289 bellhousings were the same, hi-po was not unique.

3 speed used the same bellhousing as well if I'm not mistaken. Only difference would be 5 or 6 bolt depending on your block. Oh, and maybe date code and casting number... The hipo flywheel was not physically larger than a standard 289 flywheel.

Edited by - 66KGT on 10/31/2006 22:51:03

• Sam, I have been getting most emails that I send through this forum bounced back as well. The email address is usually correct so all that you need to do is resend your email to the email address that is listed in the bounced email.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!