9 inch rebound plate

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This could be interesting as we repop these and they look just like the OEM ones!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Huh? What do you mean??

• Just bought one of the repops for $65.00 with shipping on ebay I think there are more on ebay look under k code.

"We will see" if they are just like the originals.

What need to be repopped are the two K code-GT Duel exhaust reinforement plates that spot weld behind the seats. ( oh God did I say that. I really don't want them repopped for reasons of car identification. ) but my car has a lot of rust and mine are shot and I really need some to redo my floors.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

What need to be repopped are the two K code-GT Duel exhaust reinforement plates that spot weld behind the seats. ( oh God did I say that. I really don't want them repopped for reasons of car identification. ...........

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

You may have already seen cars (fake or rear) with these. Seen them for sale at Columbus the last couple of years. Sorry didn't get the name or business (if it is one) of the place making them

• I don't think those are the pieces Greg is talking about. Those parts (muffler hanger brackets) are available everywhere. I have not seen the reinforcement plates anywhere except cut out of junked cars.

Jeff

• Hi 67Kcode GT,

I have the early San Jose 64.5 version With one hole, and cut straight behind the hole with no flap. mine appears to be of slightly thicker guage steel.

I have bought from you one of your reproductions of the later exact plates.

If I cut that plate straight ( cut the rear flange off ) and plug the two holes to make it have only one hole, do you think it will pass concourse muster for the earlier San Jose plate.

Any judges out there for comment?

Scott

• OK, then exactly what ARE the "reinforcement plates? I always thought that the ones that go behind the rear seat were the plates we are speaking of.....have you looked at the picture in the VA catalog? can you show a pic of what you believe the plates to be?

• Here is what I call the exhaust reinforcement plate:

[Blocked Image: http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/FPR_2.jpg]

(note the double-thickness of material toward the rear of the footwell)

Here it is with the exhaust hanger retainer bracket (page 128 of NPD catalog) installed:

[Blocked Image: http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/FPR_3.jpg]

(the bracket is the small rectangular part with two studs that protrude throught the floorpan to bolt the muffler hanger to)

Here's a shot of a single-exhaust floorpan:

[Blocked Image: http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/FRP_1.jpg]

(note no reinforcement plate or holes for the retainer bracket)

regards,

Jeff

• Hi 67KCODE GT, Great job on the reproduction rebound plate.

It looks exact, same size, and also one thing to note.

I have the 64.5 San Jose rebound plate, I held up the reproduction to my factory plate, car dated 27 G and other than trimming the back straight and plugging two holes it will work perfectly also it is the same gauge steel.

Again great job 67KCODE GT

Scott

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!