PCV valves on eby

• Hi Bo, I will be curious to see what this turns out to be. I was thinking about this too so emailed the seller, he said it had the threaded top and C5ZZ stamped on the body, not C5AE. Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• Have ? on this pvc valve, on a 65 hipo shouldn't it have a push on type hose connection with the spring clamp to hold it on thanks Otto

• I'll inform you guys when I get it.

The picture was kind of poor but

it looked like it had no threads.

The guy's ad said pvc valve instead of

pcv valve.

/Bo

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I belive that part number is the push on. Mannel's book shows all three types of valves on one page.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

It gets a little tricky with the part numbers on these. I have two NOS valves in FoMoCo boxes. One has a C5ZZ part# on the box and C4ZE engineering# stamped on the valve, it is a threaded type. The other has C5AZ on the box and C5AE on the valve, it is the push-on type with the hex base.

Dave
    6S1757

• The C5ZZ valve is definitely a screw in valve as I have several NOS ones in stock. They are listed in the 1965 bound Ford parts book as fitting 260, 289 and 289 Hipo engines. The C5AZ valve is also listed for the same engines. I would say that the C5ZZ one is probably the ones used on the early 5 bolt versions with a 378754-S 90 degree adaptor fitting for the PCV hose.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Got the PCV valve today and it's the treaded type.

The marking on the valve itself is C5ZZA and on the box

C5ZZ-6A666-A. I am doubtful it's an original Ford piece.

The box does not say Ford or FoMoCo anywhere.

/Bo

• Bo,

I have seen a number of these GYPO valves sold on Ebay. The simulated Ford packaging fools a lot of people.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Well, you learn as long as you live, I guess.

Hope the picture wasn't blurred on purpose

in the auction. Otherwise exactly as advertised

so I should have asked before bidding.

Will use it on my Feb. 65 C-code. Fortunately,

I already have an original on my 65 GT350.

/Bo

• I just received an item I bought from this seller, zul25. It was described as "THIS IS A FACTORY NOS PIECE, I THINK. IT HAS A RECEIPT THAT WILL COME WITH IT THAT SHOWS IT WAS SHIPPED TO DOWN'S FORD. IT IS A VERY NICE PIECE THAT LOOKS NOS"

I should have asked questions because it was a repro. I rusted it was NOS as he has NOS items listed. Shame on him and me. Just a little heads up if you do business with this guy.

• It is definitely a non Ford part or a GYPO as we call it in the business, as the description on the box begins with "replaces". Ford never did that. It is an earlier simulated Ford packaging. Sometimes they will have a real Ford part in the box but most of the time it is a substandard knock off. There are a lot of simulated Ford packaged parts on Ebay being represented as NOS. Sometimes the sellers are unaware of the difference and change their auction after I let them know however most of the time it is buyer beware.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!