• Great looking car and background!!

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Great looking car and background!!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I agree...I've seen Herb's car at Carlisle two years ago, and also read about it in the magazines. Thanks for posting up a picture for us.

• Thanks Gene and Fred, this is all new to me, I am going to try and post a few more pics and apperciate all the assistance from fellow members that are computer knowlegable.

• Herb, let's see some more pictures of your car, especially the engine and the dual quads...If you can, please resize your photos to "800x600" to better fit the pages of this site...

• Thanks for the encourgament. and I am not sure how I was able to get it the first time, beginners luck I guess. I will keep trying but thought everyone might like a rest tonight! Hope everyone had a great Easter and hope to see many of you at our local National show here in June. It should be a great time, Dan has been working very hard getting all the details ironed out.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Dang, you got it right the first time. What happened?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I dunno, but I looked at the <i>properties</i> on Herb's first picture, and was able to figure out how to "fix" the code to make his second picture of the engine appear. But, he's still got to go in and try to change the size from "1600x1066" to "600x800" so it doesn't blow up the page size of this thread...

• Gene I cant Thank You enough for fixing my goof up. I dont know how to change the size. I will try if someone can work me thru it, as you can see I am not good at all with this computer downloading.

• Hi.

You will need to resize the pic before uploading it.

If you are running Windows XP, this tool will help.

Just click on the link, install the program, and when you are done, right cick on the image you want to resize on your drive and the option "resize picture" will appear in the menu. Choose 800*600, and then upload the pic again.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Was your car equipped with the Cobra accessories and fender badges back in the 60s?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Herb's car has a great history, and the answer to the question is Yes. He can provide all the details firsthand. Hopefully, he will post up the essence of the story for those who aren't familiar with this outstanding <i>Cobra-Powered</i> car that has been in his family since new.

• dave, My late father purchased his Mustang new at Pleasant Valley Motors in Pittsburgh. He ordered the dual quad intake (Kits came with the Cobra Medallions) and had the dealer install them (If you notice the medallions are the early style Cobra design, very very rare. He was a used car dealer and whenever he wanted to drive the car he placed his dealer tags on it. (Thus it was never titled) He drove it for 2847 miles and parked it in 1972 (due to too many tickets) It sat in my hometown of Elkins, West Virgina until around 1990 when my Dad became ill and gave the car to me. I stored the car in a friends garage for around 4 years until I had my own home here in Ohio park it. It took me almost 2 years to gain a title. Officialy I am the original owner (I was 4 months old when he bought it )!!

• I had the god fortune to meet Steve Ball , he took an intrest in me and the car and restored as a gift to me ( I helped but, he did the buld of the work) I show it in Concours trailered or driven depending on the show and it now has close to 5500 miles. I am still learning a lot at National shows. I look at unrestored cars very closely for details and try to improve my car. All metal is original as is the glass with the exception of the windshield. Being an early Jan production there are many 64 1/2 items such as the heater switch,and rubber hood stops . The car has no backup lights and the early style argent wheels. I am proud to show the car as a tribute to my late father and once I found someone to tune the dual quads, it is a thrill to drive. I would enjoy hearing other stories from my K code brothers and sisters. Every car has a story. I am hopeull to get the reproduction Arvinode system on it as soon as it beoomes available.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!