Correct Fan Part Number ??

• I have a '66 HIPO fastback, and I have a 4 blade fan, but I am not sure if it is the right one for the HIPO. What is the correct Ford part number for the 4 blade fan for my HIPO, serial number 179644 ?

• You should have a C3OA-C fan blade.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• That part number may not be marked on the fan. What is marked is the engineering part number 911960 on one of the blades with a date code under it.

Jim

• Jim is correct about the 91160 number as they all seem to have that number. I was referring to the C3OA-C number to clarify the type of fan. Some fans have both the C3OA-C number and the 91160 with a date code. To further confuse the issue, I have a repro fan with a C3OA-C number on it however an original will be in fairly large letters and have a FoMoCo logo on it as well. I am pretty sure that I have seen an early repro with the 91160 number. Someone else on the board may have one to verify this. The shape of the blades where they attach to the center spider is the clue to originality and can be seen in a decent picture.

-Fred-

Edited by - c6zzkgt on 09/20/2007 04:17:43

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I understand that the very first REPOs were actually made for Branda by the original manufacturer and had some markings similar to the original. They were even date coded for the '80s when they were produced. One of these showed up on eBay a few months back.

They are a better, but not exact match for the original. Better than the "Made in China" one for sale now.

Edited by - RalphJr on 09/19/2007 18:54:24

• thanks for the info, now that I have my High Po Mustang third edition in my lap, I didn't really need to post the question as the answer is in black and white right there. the 4 blade I have isn't a HIPO by no means... nor will I be shelling out the prices I've seen for those selling them as I have other things to spend my money on,....thanks again...

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

...now that I have my High Po Mustang third edition in my lap, I didn't really need to post the question as the answer is in black and white right there. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That's exactly right. The book really does contain the answers to so many of the basic questions about the K code Mustang that appear on this forum. It's a great investment for anyone who wants to have a thorough reference source. I urge everyone who hasn't purchased a copy to do so...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!