GT-350R heads -NOS

• Instant 50 hp, one of the last sets done for Carrol Shelby by Joe Mondello, add the salomn cam and very fast K code or GT-350. Same external appearance and no loss of compression like GT-40 heads, which were installed by Ford and Saleen on my SSC. Comparable results, except edge goes to the Saleen with boost & Vortec.

E-Bay bloggers and Hi-Po Police have tried to fault: worst case, TP427, in GA, suggested they were milled 100 thousandths?

Mondello said: no deck would have been left + heads are CC'd for wide application. Not a 240 mph GT-40, built for Le Mans, pushing 575 hp.

Item number: 200135037179

much jpg'd 289 hi-po, in background, for Aussie & Swiss bloggers, on this forum, K dreamers.

I'm looking for an early '66 K car for a quick install, + deep inventory of top loaders, many SCJ with Big In & Big Out for 4 speed fum and good main shaft.

'67 Elky bed is down to 5 engines, motivation for SCJ and Shelby sales, located at my beach house in Atlantic Beach.

rick

• "The words SEEM to be in English... The syntax is nonsequitr..."

If you like prose and writing? Keating and Robert Frost are your men.

If you like your Centari, multi-coat Mustang? Start buying some NOS rockers and frame rails, before you attempt the quarter panels and front-end rust.

In addition, you need some tools. For example, a Car-O-Liner to straighten your Fastback, even reasonably straight.

You're about 40K, SHY, of having a need for my GT-350R heads and 350 HP - Shelby 289. Assuming you have a standard bore K Block and some 3/8" rods to handle the RPM and torque?

The syntax is nonsequitr..."

Is that last word, of your's, suppose to be non-sequential?

Got the sequential car for you? '69 CJ, triple black, no rust ever, and BLACK & GOLD CA plates. It will fit into next or first novel, perfectly.

Got to love bloggers!!!!!!!!!!

You beat TP427 cold, please pose a question on the item.

You are the best!

Rick

on Stainless today, e.g. mandrel bending, syntax is superfluous

• Had to look that one up in Webster's:

non se·qui·tur

a statement that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

Edited by - round2K on 08/01/2007 11:42:20

• Round2K:

I always say, to my 8 year old in 3rd grade, avoid words which you can not pronounce correctly and/or spell.

Denise responds: why?

Do you want to be the class clown or hated for being pretentious?

Got'ch ya, she says.

C- for grammar, A+ for being 40 years ahead of some grown-ups.

Next Mobil 1 oil change, on my LS-1, I'll read Satre or Camus.

I'm sure the oil will flow faster and cannister will fly-off.

Blogging gets better with every NOS, SHelby or Cobra part that is pulled, out of that '67 El Camino.

rick

===================================================================

• Dang. I only had one spelling word and I spelled it wrong! I'd better search the web for the Smarty-Pants Forum and use spell checker on those snarky words.

I see now that it is your eBay Motors auction. Way out of my league and not what I need, so I'll shut up.

Edited by - b9folk on 08/01/2007 13:44:39

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

So easy a caveman can read it.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

LMAO!!!!!

• Were these heads stamped on the intake manifold mating surface by Mondellos? If so I have a set of C2OE 289 heads that also have a "C" & "S" casted on the bottom also a serial number for Mondellos would you happen to have his number, I'm trying to find more info on these heads. Please respond Thanks Gino

• Gino-

Are you sure your C2 heads are hipo? Do they have the cast in spring seats? If not, they may just be regular castings that were treated to a port/polish, or some other upgrade by Mondello's.

My gut feeling is that C2OE heads would be for a 221.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Gino-

Are you sure your C2 heads are hipo? Do they have the cast in spring seats? If not, they may just be regular castings that were treated to a port/polish, or some other upgrade by Mondello's.

My gut feeling is that C2OE heads would be for a 221.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Just reling on the HiPo site, it was stated that all 289 HiPo had the "OE" in the casting and "AE" for the standard head. They do not have the casted in spring seats. "289" is casted in thr top of the head in the usual spot.

They are not Hipo heads but standard early SBF head that someone had ported.Do they have the D shaped chambers or quench chamber?

They contain the quench chambers, but have been modified to increase the flow for 194ss intake valves

I guess I am aging faster than I thought. The only thing in this thread that makes much sense to me is somebody mentioning the stamping Mr. Mondello's shop use to apply to their craftsmanship.

[Blocked Image: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/rr64/HD05-2-2.jpg]

Edited by - rr64 on 08/04/2007 02:41:35

same Mondellos stamp but the set I have has a 5 digit serial number stamped just below it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!