• Welcome aboard Yann!! You will find a lot of helpful people here.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• It is a C4-Auto as described by the data plate info.

Trans : 6.

I've heard it is rare as a code K.

Most of people tend to think that no automatic transmission was delivered with K code, in fact I have found it was an option (30 $ more expensive than manual one in 66).

And when people know it is possible, they tend to say that it was late in 1966, but mine is from February!

• Welcome onboard. Do you happen to know a guy in France who

bought a 66 Shelby from Claude Dubois in Bryssels, Belgium

in 1982. Serial number 6S944. I personally looked at that car and made a bid but we couldn't agree and the car went to France.

Have some pictures of it that the current owner may be interested in.

/Bo

• Welcome from another "C4 K". Mine's an October 65 San Jose build so don't pay attention to what "they" say about C4's, they're usually wrong. Keep in mind that around 850 GT-350H Hertz Rent-A-Car Shelbys were equipped with C4 automatic transmissions in 1966 as well (I'm storing one in my back yard). I was told (remember the "they" guys) that less than 200 Mustangs (non-Shelby) had the C4 installed. There is no way to tell, just enjoy it.

From the other wine growing region, Northern California -

Jim

• Thanks for the message about C4 in K code, reassuring as so many people already expressed that it wasn't produced.

On document when selled from US, it was described like this : "according to the Barrett_Jackson and Kruse auctions, only 6 known K codes were ordered with the C4 : 2 fastbacks, 2 convertibles, 2 coupes". I don't have any idea what this relate to (a month, a year, currently registered somewhere, ...).

For Mustang club in France, I guess this one is serious (born in 1984) due to service provided : http://www.mustangclubdefrance.com/index.php

Enjoy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!