Barrett-Jackson Sales

• I watched that car sell last night and couldn't believe it. The buyer got his face ripped off. The Studebaker style "Supercharged" emblems on the front fenders must have turned him on.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale started yesterday, live covereage by Speed TV. 65 bronze supercharged K Coupe went across the block for $50k.

Previous info here: http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…ms=supercharged

BJ Listing Info: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/on…66.1&pop=0&it=1

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Would have this car sold for more without the aftermarked cobbled up supercharger and stupid emblems?

Would it have sold for more if it had a period correct Paxton on it?

• I have had the chance to go to BJ 4 years ago and the stuff you see on TV is pretty much a reflection of people with way too much money in hand and they have no problem spending it. 50k for that coupe was obviously a hell of a pay day for it's owner. There are actually some pretty reasonable deals on some decent cars tha earlier in the week that never make it onto TV prime time.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale started yesterday, live covereage by Speed TV. 65 bronze supercharged K Coupe went across the block for $50k.

Previous info here: http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…ms=supercharged

BJ Listing Info: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/on…66.1&pop=0&it=1

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Would have this car sold for more without the aftermarked cobbled up supercharger and stupid emblems?

Would it have sold for more if it had a period correct Paxton on it?

If you ask me (I haven't seen this car), with it's color and option list in stock form, I figure it's worth $20-25K tops (probably more on the low end of this). Add about 3-4K for a factory Paxton style setup (IF IT WORKS correctly). That's just my opinion. As it is now, I figure it's a $20K car if I were spending somebody else's money. The seller should be very pleased. Again, this is a knee jerk response about a car I haven't even seen.

• Message to 66Tiger - please shoot me an e-mail @ run1ski2@aol.com.

I have a possible shot at a "barn find" Sunbeam Tiger in my area. The owner has passed away and his family, supposedly, wants to "unload" the car. Don't know what year yet. I would like to set up a communication with someone who is experienced with these cars. Thanks.

Bill G.

Message to 66Tiger - please shoot me an e-mail @ run1ski2@aol.com.

I have a possible shot at a "barn find" Sunbeam Tiger in my area. The owner has passed away and his family, supposedly, wants to "unload" the car. Don't know what year yet. I would like to set up a communication with someone who is experienced with these cars. Thanks.

Bill G.

Suggest you start a separate thread on the Tiger.

• BillG,

In case 66Tiger cannot help, I might be able to. I have owned a Mk1 and Mk1A Tiger in the past and still have a few books on them. I tried to e-mail you at the address you gave, (trying to avoid thread hijacking) but it came back as undeliverable. PM me if you need anything.

Jay

Edited by - 289ace on 01/22/2011 11:04:12

• To 289ACE - try e-mailing me outside of this site. The e-mail addess is good - it is used extensively. I'll apprecite communicating with you if this Tiger thing happens. Thanks.

Bill G.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!