A Gathering Of Mustangs -

• This video is a little long, but is very, very good. A truly remarkable story and film and one I know you will enjoy.

THIS IS TRULY A REMARKABLE VIDEO. IF YOU'RE OVER 70 YEARS OF

AGE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR EYES DRY; ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!

I promise you, you will not regret the time spent watching this video and please share it with your friends.

http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=1bf99434&br=500

The video has great resolution and should be watched in “Full Screen”, to do so click on the box with the arrow coming out of it in the lower right corner of the video presentation.

• This is one emotion-producing video for us ol' pilots.... I've been privileged to have flown in one of these, unforgettable of course, thanks a bunch for sharing it with us.

• A great film, enjoyed it.

I have always had an affection for WW2 fighters, stems from stories told by my father of watching dogfights over the Midlands when he was a child.

So in my 40th year I wrote to Carolyn Grace who owns a MK 1X Spitfire

ML407 to ask if She would take me for a ride.

ML407 was credited with the first kill on D day over the beaches of Normandy and was discovered by her husband Nick in piles of boxes in Scotland.

Nick rebuilt her, she was converted to a 2 seat dual control trainer after the war, and flew her until he was tragicly killed in a car accident.

Anyhow Carolyn kindly let me fly with her and I got to fly the plane from the east coast back to base at Duxford Cambridgeshire.

We flew over the American war Cemetary at Madingly and the sight of the cresent of white crosses under the wing of a Spitfire brought tears to my eyes.

Now in my 50th year I have just been invited to fly in ML407 again, I hope it will be as an incredible experience as last time.

My thanks goes to all those who flew in that conflict.

ml407.co.uk

Edited by - cobraboy on 04/01/2010 17:18:06

• My father was a combat pilot in WW2 and these guys are different men then of today.Things meant something and thought of different then men or people look at them today.He's been gone for 5 years now but I always had an appreciation for what these guys did and sad to say there are getting fewer by the day!

• Thank you for this post it is great. I passed it on to several friends and they too really enjoyed it. When growing up our neighbor a WW2 ace, flew the Mustang in Europe, his son used to show us some of his gun camera movies. Very impressive.......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!