2008, Another Great for HiPoMustang.com

• Seasons Greetings,

Well another year has come and gone. But it's been a good year for the HPM site and the registry. We have over twelve-hundred registered members and the information exchange continues to improve. We've added even more MCA Judges, Shelby Owners, and more people who have been around these Kars for a long time and are very knowledgeable about them. The registry continues to grow and we are developing a paper trail of previous owners and interesting facts in the registry when a Kar changes hands.

On behalf of the HPM Staff (Marv, Hank, Gene) we would like to wish everyone and their families A Safe and Great Holiday Season and A Prosperous New Year.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Seasons Greetings,

Well another year has come and gone. But it's been a good year for the HPM site and the registry...

On behalf of the HPM Staff (Marv, Hank, Gene) we would like to wish everyone and their families A Safe and Great Holiday Season and A Prosperous New Year.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Marv's right, 2008 has been a very exciting year for this website. We continue to see a lot of good, quality posts, with lots of interesting information being presented. Having active participation by so many recognized Ford and Mustang authorities gives the site more depth than ever before.

Looking back as 2008 winds down gives us a chance to review some highlights on this site that will be hard to top. The Registry continues to grow as more cars are added. As of today, the Registry lists 1727 K code Mustangs. Without a doubt, the help of our members has made the Registry continue to grow.

As mentioned, there are 1239 registered members of the website, and more new people continue to sign up. Although the majority of members are from the USA, a growing number live in other countries as well.

Another amazing highlight we've seen here in 2008 is the success of Dave Wallace (aka "round2K") in heading up the effort to recreate the legendary <i>Arvinode High Performance Exhaust System</i> for the K code Mustang. These forums played a role in bringing together a number of dedicated and talented people who helped Dave get this project done with such excellent results. READ MORE HERE

We've also seen another project succeed in 2008 by another dedicated member, Fred Ballard (aka "c6zzkgt"). He took on the task of rebuilding and restoring the original "crimp style" Carter fuel pumps used on the Ford small block engines. Fred spent years searching for a qualified vendor who could handle the task, and his determination and attention to detail has brought superb results well worth the wait. Those who have have recently received their pumps restored by Fred can vouch for the quality of his efforts. Once again, this website helped connect many of the interested parties with Fred in order to get the required 50 units needed to comply with the minimums of his rebuilder and plater. For those who are still interested, there is the possibility of a "second batch" if you missed out on this exclusive rebuilding service. READ MORE HERE

These are just a few HPM "highlights" of 2008, and there isn't enough time to mention any more right now...Thanks to everyone for supporting this site with your interest and loyalty. It wouldn't be a success without every one of you!

• I feel that Dave Wallace had the toughest job as the Arvinode system was practically non existent for making any copies and had to be totally reverse engineered. Without the contacts developed on the internet with the former designers families and patent drawings, it would have not happened. The results are spectacular and without Waldrons craftsmanship, it is hard to say that it would have had such a great finished product. Dave did a wonderful job of pulling this all together.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I agree with Fred - if we were giving out a "Best of 2008" award Dave and the guys at Waldron's win it hands down - for dedication, hard work, and "way cool" factor for the hobby.

I love this forum more every year - I've been a die hard HiPo fan and owner since 1979 and I love being able to finally talk to others just like me! There are just so few HiPos in any one place - it is great that we all fianlly have one place to meet up and talk.

A big thanks to the HPM Staff (Marv, Hank, Gene).....Keep up the good work guys!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Seasons Greetings,

Well another year has come and gone. But it's been a good year for the HPM site and the registry. We have over twelve-hundred registered members and the information exchange continues to improve. We've added even more MCA Judges, Shelby Owners, and more people who have been around these Kars for a long time and are very knowledgeable about them. The registry continues to grow and we are developing a paper trail of previous owners and interesting facts in the registry when a Kar changes hands.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Happy New Year to Marv and all y'all.

• This has been an invaluable site for HiPo Mustangs, Shelby's, Tigers and Cobra's. I have recognized a number of real Cobra owners here.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

• This site has proved to be a terrific asset to HiPo Mustang, Cobra, Shelby, Fairlane and small block Ford owners. The contributions of Tony's book, the Forum horsepower when it comes to research, Marv's HiPo cam, Fred's fuel pumps, and that goofy muffler thing, and we're doing OK. Special thanks to Hank and anyone else who has contributed to keeping the technology up and running.

<b>Two goals for 2009:

1. Confirm the driveshaft paint stripe colors by finding some original examples.

2. Another big HiPo reunion in Ventura, CA at the MCA West Coast National in August.</b>

Edited by - round2K on 01/08/2009 00:24:22

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!