6R08K214507 NIR

• Looks very nice, indeed! I could make this car look 20x better with properly exposed pictures..... What a great color. It's too darn bad Ford never offered a white interior in '66, as this car would have loved it with a white top and rocker panel GT stripes. Yummy!

• This Kar appears to have a clone carburetor.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

Fred, I am curious as to how you believe it has a clone carb as I cannot see the whole thing with the air cleaner sitting on it?

• Rick, The air cleaner does not need to be off to see the difference as one of the differences is in the casting that shows in the pictures.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The bidding is getting up there. Has anybody here seen this car? No pics of the fender VIN. San Jose cars had a bucktag, no? Seller doesn't state if it's a factory GT or not. The pics are fuzzy, but is the choke hooked up?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Rick, The air cleaner does not need to be off to see the difference as one of the differences is in the casting that shows in the pictures.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Fred I too am curious, please reveal what we are missing

Thanks

Mark

• I don't know what Fred saw either but in looking a bit closer at the picture of the engine's right side closeup, it looks like the alternator ground wire is attached between the alternator spacer and the head.

Jim

• Mark, You will pretty much need to have a correct Hipo carburetor in hand to notice the subtle difference. If you compare your Hipo carburetor where the fast idle cam for the manual choke linkage attaches to the carburetor, you will notice the lack of the cast in stop on the carburetor in the picture compared to yours. Clone carburetors do not have this stop as only Hipo carburetors have them.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Fred

Thanks, I wondered if it was the stop you were looking at, I cannot make out that detail as the pic goes too grainy when I blow it up.

Thanks for the reply.

Mark

Edited by - cobraboy on 11/11/2009 12:24:18

• Mark, I find that it shows up better without magnifying the image. Just have your correct Hipo carburetor in hand for comparison and the difference really stands out.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Even though it is incorrect, I think that the woodgrain on the AM 8 track radio bezel does go well with the rest of the interior.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• $55.1K with reserve not met. This car was offered to me in 2003 for $42K, which I thought at the time was a bit much. I don't believe the ebay bids got out of the $30Ks that same year. With tough economic times now and ahead, it's good to see that these cars retain and are gaining in value.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!