5F09K694791 NIR

• Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller nat2473

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>This is a 1965 Mustang Fastback K Code car with hipo 289 engine, top loader four speed. I have owned the car for 3 years. Vehicle was purchased in Maryland and brought to Georgia. Previous owner owned for 8 years. Restoration at that time included: 1/4 panels replaced, trunk pan replaced, wheels replaced (ordered through Ford). Shelby clone-look also done at time of restoration to include: stripe package, hood scoop, gas cap, 1/4 windows, sill plate, rally pack purchased online but wiring harness not installed (needs wiring harness). Since my ownership the Ford fourbarrel carb. replaced, and the interior has been changed from the medium blue to a blue/white Pony interior, carpet replaced at that time. Not shown in pictures are the center console, I do have the original with parts and a new console to go along with it. Other little accessories to go along with car. Mechanically the car is in perfect running condition. Driven only every couple of weeks to get time on it. Some shows and local events. Body and paint are in perfect condition except for small finger nail size blemish on passenger front fender. Only in the paint not into the body. Possibly could be wet sanded out, don't really have that knowledge. Car is garage kept and under a cover. I wouldn't part with this car but I'm looking to start a business. Any questions I can be reached through e-mail

Door Data Plate not in pictures but numbers follow:

63A H 22 13R 36 5 5

Body Color Trim Date DSO Axle Trans

63A = 2 Door Fastback

H = Caspian Blue

22 = Blue Vinyl

13R = April 13, 1965

36 = Louisville, KY

5 = 3.50:1 ratio

5 = 4 Speed

K = 289-4V.High Perf.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

auction link

[Blocked Image: http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/7f/5d/d302_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i20.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/7f/5d/ea8b_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i4.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/7f/5d/f71b_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/7f/be/fe4b_12.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://i10.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/7f/bf/35d2_12.JPG]

• If you look close enough at the VIN you can see the second star. It looks to have had too many coats of paint. The VIN looks normal to me. It does however have incorrect motor mounts.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I wonder how happy the new owner will be when he discovers that there weren't any 65 mustangs with sequential numbers starting with a 5? It sure looks like a 5 on that car to me.

• Looks like a 5 to me too - but it could just be the photo.

FYI - My car was built very close to this car and within a couple 1000 units (5F09K69XXXX) not counting the first digit if it is a 5, so it is probably a 6 not a 5 - just looks like a 5 in the photo or the line screwed up.

There were most definitely cars at Dearborn built in excess of 500,000 - I've got one from April '65 and it is almost to 700,000.

FYI - the last '65 Dearborn car in the registry is 5F07K92XXXX.

Edited by - RalphJr on 12/24/2006 19:08:16

Edited by - RalphJr on 12/24/2006 19:11:10

• Yeah, I've seen a bunch of Dearborn cars that the sequential number started with an eight and a couple of nines.They didn't start mustang numbers with a zero, four or five.My point was that the number doesn't just look like a five, it IS a five, and, therefore, Ford did not put that number there. It could be that the person that re-stamped it simply mistook the six that he was looking at on the original panel or the door tag for a five and stamped it wrong, but it was stamped on there by someone other than Ford, which opens up all sorts of intriguing possibilities.

• The stamping looks legit to me - pure FoMoCo - and probably just a line mistake if it is a "5".

Plus someone can confirm the other 2 front stamps just in case.

IMHO I don't think this has been re-stamped or the apron replaced - looks too good for that plus the stars look right.

• I think it's just the picture. The seller listed the VIN as 5F09K<b>6</b>94791. The production date of 13R falls right in line with 5F07A694772 which is listed in <i>In Search of Mustangs</i> with the same (13R) April 13, 1965 date.

• Listed again on E-Bay Starting Bid of $30k Listing ended with no bids

By Seller: "mustangf111"

In: Hanover, Pennsylvania

Listing Info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>YOU ARE BIDDING ON A 1965 MUSTANG FASTBACK K-CODE THAT IS AN EXCELLANT DRIVER. IT IS NOT A SHOW CAR, BUT MOST PEOPLE THAT SEE IT THINK IT IS.

THE MOTOR RUNS GREAT AND DOSEN'T SMOKE AND MAKES GOOD POWER. MOTOR HAS SOLID LIFTERS & TRI-Y HEADERS & CORRECT CARB WITH SERIAL #STAMPED IN BLOCK. TOP LOADER 4-SPEED & 9" REAR. NEW BRAKES & FUEL TANK. INTERIOR & CARPET NEW. DASH PAD NEW. I'VE GOTTEN MORE THUMBS UP & PEOPLE STOPPING AT INTERSECTIONS TO SAY NOW THAT'S NICE MORE THAN ANY CAR I'VE EVER DRIVEN. REALLY FUN CAR!

I HAVE SOME SPARE PARTS LIKE 2+2 & HI PERFORMANCE EMBLEMS, GT VALANCE, CONSOLE 2+2 GRILLE

IF SOLD I WANT $5000 TO HOLD CAR FOR NO MORE THAN 30 DAYS. IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD THIS CAR DON'T WASTE MY TIME BIDDING!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/For…A1%7C240%3A1318

Edited by - 66tiger on 05/08/2009 12:06:19

• Official Post

Back on Ebay again with a starting price of $25K:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…3AVRI&viewitem=

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Look closely at the picture of the rear end. The floorpan rebound plate for the snubber looks like it's for a single exhaust car. I think I even see the rubber bumper bolted to it.

• Official Post

I agree with Karl on his observation of the plate. It also appears that the choke cable comes through the firewall underneath the master cylinder somewhere.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!