Wondering if these are hipo numbers?

• I am in contact with a guy who has some hipo parts and he sent me these numbers and I was wondering if they are correct numbers for a hipo. I don't currently have the correct carb for my 65, but this may be the correct one for a 66 and are they the same?

Thanks

we have a FOMOCO 4bbl carb with manual choke and choke cable P/N C6ZFC A5HC.

also have Hipo Dual Point Distributer Motorcraft C5OF12127 8027

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 05/27/2011 00:39:24

• I have not gotten a price from the guy, but he says he has a lot of other stuff and he may be selling the stuff to me. Any idea of what the things are worth?

Thanks

• Official Post

Keep in mind that this Motorcraft distributor is a third generation replacement part produced no earlier than 1978 and is not the desirable one for your 65. As 65 rangoon pointed out, the carburetor is a 1966 application.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

we have a FOMOCO 4bbl carb with manual choke and choke cable P/N C6ZFC A5HC.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Should read -

"C6ZF C"

"A 5HC"

Which decodes as a 1966 HP MT carb (C6ZF C) with rev "A" built 1965 (5), August (H), week three (C). Per Ford Car Parts, Sec 95 pg2.

Spaces have meaning.

Jim

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I'm in need of a '66 HiPo carb depending on the condition of the carb/price for my own car.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

When I get more info I will send you an email. I need a 65 carb eventually.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!