K radiators

• Does sanyone know whether the 3 or 4 row radiator was droped into a late '66 K conv? Was there any difference from year to year?

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 12/01/2008 18:47:39

• Ford did not service a 4 row radiator for any 65 or 66 Mustang. The 3 row that was used was very rare and was only used on some early 1966(before 1/5/66) A/C cars. They look totally different from the 2 row versions and require a different fan shroud that bolts directly to the radiator.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks Fred! I found a guy who has a perfect NOS 4 row in a Fomoco Box C6ZZ, was hoping I could use this. You believe this went on another Ford? What I am looking for is a 2 row?

• Matt, I would love to have the NOS C6ZZ radiator as I use them in my A/C cars. Even though they have the shape of an aftermarket 4 row, they originally are only a 3 row. Yes, the correct original radiator for your Kar is only a 2 row. They actually work pretty well as a 2 row. Do not waste your time looking for an NOS one as the service part radiators are all setup for an automatic trans. The only way to find one with the correct tanks is to find an original.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Watch eBay for an original 4 speed radiator - they pop up from time to time - about 2-3 times per year the past 2 years. I purchased one about 6 months ago and it even had a very good date code for my car.

You can find one - you just have to be patient.

• What is the difference between the manual and auto radiators? I have a guy selling a factory original 66 radiator from a V8 auto trans telling me there is no difference between auto and manual.

Edited by - wm65 on 12/29/2008 03:25:11

• So I can expect to pay $200-$300 for a Dearborn or Metucheon 4 speed core-(that needs to be recored) and may be upwards of $500. for a San Jose unit because they are also the ones used in Shelbys??

These are all 2 row units-right?? Thanks!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

So I can expect to pay $200-$300 for a Dearborn or Metucheon 4 speed core-(that needs to be recored) and may be upwards of $500. for a San Jose unit because they are also the ones used in Shelbys??

These are all 2 row units-right?? Thanks!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes, that's about right.

• What are the engineering #'s for a Shelby? I have a 4 spd. radiator that I acquired several years ago -- seller said it was for a Shelby, but I didn't buy it on that basis; simply needed one for the planned resto. The #'s on mine are:

DEP C7ZE 8005 H1 6KA with a 6KA 19 (date code?)

Any information would be appreciated -- my 67K is Metuchen built...

Thanks

• I've seen reference to the "DEP" before the part number but don't know what it means, and like I said earlier the radiators I'm looking at don't seem to have a letter after the C4ZE-8005 part number, so may be these are Ford service part replacements?? they are all Dearborn/Metucheon units though.....

• OK Charles, I'll have to agree with you on that as well, I wonder why none of the 4 seemingly correct Dearborn Manual trans radiators don't have a letter after the part number? does the letter designate what car that the radiator was originally installed in? it sure looks that way to me?? looks like I really need to find one with the "Y1" after the part number...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!