• I just got my 1965 289 k code intake back from cleaning at the machine shop. The aluminum bowl that rests on the underside (not sure of the name) which is held on my the carb studs has a small hole in it. The hole is on the tip of a singular small bevel at the bottom (looks like a nose). Should this be patched? replaced?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I just got my 1965 289 k code intake back from cleaning at the machine shop. The aluminum bowl that rests on the underside (not sure of the name) which is held on my the carb studs has a small hole in it. The hole is on the tip of a singular small bevel at the bottom (looks like a nose). Should this be patched? replaced?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

first that baffle is not held on by the carb studs. it should have 4 drive rivits. did the shop that did the cleaning remove it to clean under it?? if not it needs to be removed & cleaned in that area. as mentioned above that hole is supposed to be there, maybe a vent.

Edited by - C7ZZ-F on 01/29/2011 16:42:08

• I have my intake off at present. I read that this plate should be taken off, but how do you do it without shearing the rivets ?

What is the point of taking it off ?, where does it vent or go to ?

Thanks

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have my intake off at present. I read that this plate should be taken off, but how do you do it without shearing the rivets ?

What is the point of taking it off ?, where does it vent or go to ?

Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

i use a sharp chisel to cut the rivits. http://www.amkproducts.com has new ones or you can tap the holes and use 1/4-20 bolts with loctite on the threads. you missed the point in the other post. to clean it out so that trash under it does not circulate in the engine.

• I used a pair of vice grips to remove the drive screws (official name) and was able to reuse them. Ford service specifies a 1/4-20X3/8 hex washer head screw as a replacement.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!