Anyone notice this...?

• I can't believe it.... Are these really that hard to come by? Prices for these parts are getting out of hand really fast. When I told my wife the other day during a parts cleaning session that the fuel pump I was holding in my hands at the time and the fan that I had sitting on her washing machine were collectively worth as much as a new big screen plasma TV, she shook her head in disbelief. So did I.

• Doesn't seem like they would be much good without the iron brackets to match. For that much money you would think they'd be totally restored with all new fasteners.

• Well, the '65-only Hipo mounts are rare compared to some other things, like hipo heads. Thank goodness mine are still on my car or I'd never have them. A handy person could probably replicate some for a fraction of that, though.

• A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to purchase a complete set of 65 HIPO mounts(w/new repro rubber) AND a C5OE dual point distributor locally for MUCH less than this incomplete set of motor mounts. I almost passed on the deal thinking it was too high. Very lucky.

• What I find interesting is that a project K car for sale, with the majority of the correct K specific engine parts, doesn't command much more $'s than a project K missing the original engine/K specific parts.

Probably like everyone here, every time I think it's time to clean up my extra Hipo parts and cash them in, I see prices go to another ridiculously high level. Anyone think these high prices are going to end any time soon?

Does anyone think the muscle car bubble is going to burst any time soon? I keep thinking back to the financial times/economy of the late 80's when the housing market tanked, interest rates jumped up and guys who had speculated on high end muscle cars, were looking at a 50% or more drop in the values of their cars. I had a friend back then that bought a nice mid 60's 427 vette for $60k with an home equity loan, expecting the market to keep going up, only to get slammed on his adjustable rate loan, and then when he had to sell it, only got $35k for the car. Talk about a double hit.

• Historically, when the stock market is soft the collector car market is strong. Now that the stock market is strong, the values of the collector cars is softening somewhat. There is a reason the stock market gurus always preach diversity.

By the way, I am the one who paid that riduculous amount for the '65 motor mounts. Hard to finish a car without them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!