Fuel Pump Canister White Paint Color

• Bo,

Sure is. It is offered as NOS. I don't know the date of manufacture but the box looks less than brand new and it does have a 1963 Ford part number, C3AZ-9355-A, which is listed in the Ford Car Parts book. My point is that not all parts or assemblies advertised as NOS are the same as factory original. This canister could have been made in 1965 to Ford service specifications. That's all.

Jim

• Yes, there were even white ones with 'Motorcraft' logos instead of FoMoCo. Once in a while you'll see one on ebay and the seller seems to intentionally angle the camera shot so 'Motorcraft' doesn't show.

The base of the gold one is totally wrong though.

• The gold one is actually not paint but rather the factory plating. Charles already noted the incorrect style of the base. The correct originals were double knurled. As time went on, some have 3 indentations for some type of removal tool and then the one in the auction with what appears to be a 12 sided nut is, I believe, the latest version. Ford vendors supplied the cannisters to fit the application and Ford never changed the part number.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I have a factory original F4 dated 3734S carter x for a 64.5 The color on the cannister bowl has yellowed over the years but the closest color to a spray can color is a dull semi gloss winbledon white or factory parchment interior paint color. But whatever color you put on it, it needs to be flattened.

This was on a San Jose car, other factories may have done it different.

-Scott

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!