Colour decision

• My car is about to be re-sprayed but I have a dilemna.

Do I keep it the original Ivy Green or paint it Midnight Blue?

I know from a value aspect I should keep it original but from an enjoyment aspect, I'm not a fan of the Ivy Green (apologies to those who are)& prefer the blue.

I've been wrestling with this for a while & my car is due to go to the paintshop in a weeks time.

All comments & views appreciated.

Mick

• Hi Mick,

In 1978 I painted my 67 Shelby Signal Flare

Red instead of the Lime Green that it came

with originally. A few years later, I regretted

the change of color. Not to say, you will regret a color

change as well but think it over before you make a final decision.

Personally, I like an Ivy Green 66 that's just repainted.

However, it's your car and you should do what's make you happy.

Thought that your car was a 65 and to my knowledge Ivy Green

didn't show up until the 66 model year. Could be wrong though.

/Bo

• My 66 is signal flare red and it will be ready for the paint booth later this year. I am going with caspian blue with wimbledon white stripes.I know these are 64 1/2 colors but they what we want. We never plan to sell the car, but will always be happy with the color choice. It can be a tough choice, but do what makes you happy.

• Hi Bos

My car is Oct 64 build, code R paint which decodes as Ivy Green Metallic. Car was in primer when I bought it but the green is still evident on parts of interior metalwork. Was there 2 versions of the Ivy Green?

Having read some of the previous forum threads where colors & interior have been changed, it seems to be something that can really upset K owners. One part of me says keep it 'number matching' but the other says I should be able to enjoy the car the way I want it. I'm not intending on selling in the near future but the only other option is do it Ivy Green, hope that it will 'grow' on me & if it doesn't, I can sell it & get a C code Mustang that I can personalise without remorse.

Sorry Jim, I didn't think it was a dumb question at the time, thanks for your comment all the same.

regards

Mick

Edited by - mick65K on 08/21/2008 22:53:56

• One of the Kars that I had at one time was a 66 Hipo GT pony interior convertible. It was Sauterne gold with black interior. I really did not like the color and thought seriously about changing the color during the restoration. With the black interior the outer color could have been most anything however I elected to paint it the proper color. The gold looks pretty good when it is new and shiny however there was more of a greenish tint to it that made the color more distasteful to me. I ended up selling the Kar in a short period of time but at least I kept it original. Had I painted the car a color to suit me, I probably would have kept it.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Hi Mick,

Sorry, I was wrong about the Ivy Green being available

in 1965. Must be getting old and had a senior moment.

Again, it's your car and you should do what makes you

and maybe your wife happy but I still suggest you stay with

Ivy Green.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

/Bo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!