Rally Pack Repair

• Hey guys, I have a high profile rally pack that neither the tack nor clock works. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a shop that repairs the rally pack. Thanks for your advise.

• Gary (The Tachman)restored my pack now going on 4 years ago. Repaired and calibrated the tach and did a quartz conversion on the clock, along with a full cosemetic refurbish. Still looks and works great.

Jack

• I got 3 rally pac clocks working well by squirting a little WD40 on the internal parts while turning the gears until they turn eaiser. Seems the guts get "sticky" over time. ET

• Official Post

SPECIAL ED is certainly on the right track with the WD40 as long as the reset coil is not burned out and the points are good. When I was a parts manager we used to send clocks out to a Ford approved clock repair place. They told me that heating an oven to 200 degees and turning it off before putting the clock in would reflow the grease and get it going again most of the time. They did this with most of the clocks that they serviced. I have used this idea myself with success most of the time. The WD 40 tends to at least loosen up the grease and will help as well. If the reset coil is still good a simple filing of the points will get them working again as well.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!