Warranty card for 65

• Does anyone have the original warranty card for a 65 hipo. I have never seen one and have always been curious if they exist and if the shortened warranty period of the 271 is noted on the plastic card. Anybody have one?

• Hi Murf:

Yes, I have the original "Ford Registered Owner" Identifcation card that came with my San Jose built 65 Conv K. The card is plastic, same size as a credit card. A pony logo is on the top right hand side. The first three lines are owner name and address. The fourth line has vin #. Fifth line has data plate info. Sixth line has actual build date; mine is 03/19/65 and then this number: 72030 0. I don't know what this last number indicates. Maybe owner no.? I does not appear that there is an idicator as to when the warranty expires. Unless that 72030 number means something. Please let me know if I can help further.

Bill

• Bill:

Are you able to post an image of the plaxtic warrenty card? Or can someone help by posting it for you? those cards are a pretty elusive item to view! Thanks.

• Official Post

The 72030 is actually the selling dealer code. It is the same code that the dealer uses when ordering parts from Ford as it is the Ford code for their billing.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• If you don't know the original dealership that sold your car is there a way to obtain the list of dealers that would have been served by a particular DSO?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

If you don't know the original dealership that sold your car is there a way to obtain the list of dealers that would have been served by a particular DSO?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Kevin Marti has such a list and I'm sure a couple of other people do (I do not have one presently) Of course this would only narrow it down to maybe a dozen to 30 different dealerships. On the card (if you have one or the info written in the owners manual) it should narrow it down by looking at the 6 digit code. As I understand it, in this context it decodes as the district then the dealership

• My warranty card is, of course, exactly like those posted. The dealer name is stamped in my "original" owners manual for the 65 conv K. Dealer is: San Jose Ford Sales Co., 375 So. Market St., San Jose, Calif. There is also something identified as " P&A Code" - 7885f. Not sure what this is either. Glad I could be of some help.

Bill G.

Toledo, Ohio

• Official Post

The P&A code is the same as the dealer code. It is used by the dealer for ordering parts from Ford as well as vehicles. The term P&A stands for parts and accessories.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• At the end of line four way out by itself is a little character that i could never identify. Looks like an "Italic" capital "F". or perhaps "%". Can anyone identify that little mark and explain what it signified? I hope that Bill can post the card for the hipo, I have never seen one of those!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

If you don't know the original dealership that sold your car is there a way to obtain the list of dealers that would have been served by a particular DSO?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Kevin Marti has such a list and I'm sure a couple of other people do (I do not have one presently) Of course this would only narrow it down to maybe a dozen to 30 different dealerships. On the card (if you have one or the info written in the owners manual) it should narrow it down by looking at the 6 digit code. As I understand it, in this context it decodes as the district then the dealership

I have the original ownercard for my '66 fastback which is a little different from the 65 pictured. Are there any codes on it that distinguish the dealer?

The card has the owner's name, address and then below that is a date (2 22 66) to the right of that is 5417. <--- does anyone know what the 5417 is?

Beneath that is basically a copy of the door data plate with all of the numbers stamped on a thin piece of metal.

Here is a pic.

[Blocked Image: http://www.6r09k.com/66%20K%20FB/66%20OC.JPG]

Beneath that is basically a copy of the door data plate with all of the numbers stamped on a thin piece of metal.

The "Little metal tag" was originally attached to the door tag and stamped at the same time. The dealer would have snapped it off and attached (my understanding) to the owners card. Have found some still attached to the door tag

• Official Post

66TRANSAM,

The 5417 is the original selling dealers P&A code.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Is there anyway to research the Dealer/P&A code? I've contacted Kevin Marti, but he stated that the dealer code has to be 6 digits?

I'd really like to find out who the selling dealer was for my car.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!