fastback screw covers

• Got my trunk screw covers from Jim Chism today and they look great.

Already put them on the car, 5 of them. I took a serious look at the assembly manual and it says 5 but could be confusing as it only

shows one side on the illustration. However, a closer look

shows that number 18 within a circle is shown twice which translates

into X=2,53066-S13 screws required and AE=2, 375690-S1 nuts required.

As it is shown as two 18 that gives 4 of each. Then the middle,i.e.

number 19 which translates into Z=1, 53066-S13 screw required and

AF=1, 375390-S1 nut required. Totally this means

5 screws and 5 nuts,i.e. trunk screw covers.

Jim sold these in kits of 3 so I bought 2 kits.

/Bo

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

............. I took a serious look at the assembly manual and it says 5 but could be confusing as it only

shows one side on the illustration. .....................

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

There are other references that suggest three (Jim and I have discussed this) but most accept that the assembly manual has its limitations and mistake (like everything There may have been a period of time, at some plant where three were installed. Until be get more info from original untouched cars that agree its just safer to install the five IMHO

• I bought a set of the yellow/white caps a while back fro my 66 which I no longer have. Just to clarify, would the gray be correct for my San Jose fastback with a Jan. 65 build date?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I bought a set of the yellow/white caps a while back fro my 66 which I no longer have. Just to clarify, would the gray be correct for my San Jose fastback with a Jan. 65 build date?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes I believe that the "white" or milky ones would be the best choice for a 65 Mustang built at San Jose in Jan.

Gray for later cars from the ones I've seen but would be interested in hearing when your old 66 was built (or VIN) and if they appear to be original.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!