65' S1MS Cobra Intake

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

An S2MS he references in his auction sold for #3250???!!!!?

Holy crap!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Something very fishy about that auction.

Dave
    6S1757

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

An S2MS he references in his auction sold for #3250???!!!!?

Holy crap!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I made note of that auction under "hipo insanity".

I think some of these prices are being manipulated. Cobra intakes were only a few hundred dollars a year or so ago. But what do I know?

I have purchased on e-bay, never sold anything, but I know for a fact bidding is run up by friends and such. I worked with a guy that did that. If the buddy ended up high bidder he lost the sellng fee but that set up the next auction with the inflated price and most times sold.

I don't like that e-bay has taken the bidder names out. I used to look at sellers other items and compare names of bidders with each item. Sure, alot of the items were related and could very well have the same bidder, but most of the time some body else was the 'winner'.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I sell what I don't need or want, and buy what I need or want. I don't buy things just for resale hoping to make a killing. Go ahead, attack now. The market levels out, supply and demand, sometimes you loose money,it's a risk, etc. I know folks here buy and sell to make money, I just don't.

Ticket scalpers buy up concert seats and then sell for outlandish $$.

They don't provide a "service", they just roll the dice and hope to win.

Buy Playstation at Walmart and e-bay it a Christmas so some poor soul who wants it will pay 3x's... the American way I guess.

Edited by - 289kford on 11/13/2007 14:46:13

• I have dealt with the seller of this item and found them to be reputable.

On another ebay note unrelated to this auction, I sold some items recently on ebay and they are allowing certain buyers to keep their feedback "private". Kind of goes against the conceptual grain of full disclosure.

• I will agree with Dave on the seller being reputable.

In regards to the Ebay "private" feedback, any Ebay person can have their feedback listed as "private". The problem is that it gives everyone else the impression that the "private" people are hiding something, which they probably are. Most of the time the "private" people are hiding negative feedback. From what I have seen this generally happens just prior to the person becoming "no longer a registered user" either by their own powers or by Ebay kicking them off.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Even though ebay does not show the name of the bidders, you can still click on the abbreviated name and it will give you information such as bid history with the seller.

I don't think a grand is out of order for an S1MS.

Also agree that the seller is reputable.

• Agree that $1K is reasonable for a S1MS. Also agree that seller is very reputable, I've been dealing with him for at least 20 years.

The other auction mentioned for the S2MS is way overpriced IMHO. Definetly a record if legit.

Dave
    6S1757

• Intakes of that era are not bringing that kind of money.E-Bay is not the average or standard what something is worth or price paid for an item as they get listed,bumped,relisted until they find that sucker with deep pockets.It's like that almost everywhere now as it's all about the mighty dollar!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!