New member introduction

• Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and to let you all know how grateful I am to have found this terrific site. I purchased 5R09K151778 back in October through eBay. I realize that I probably paid too much for the car, but I was looking for a solid project and it fit the bill for me. I've been around early Mustangs since 1978 when my Dad bought a well used '66 A code coupe. I was 16 at the time and have been bitten ever since! I've owned quite a few over the years, but never a K code. The black on black fastback was just what I was looking for. It needs just about everything, but I've come to realize that I really enjoy digging up parts and the whole restoration process [as frustrating and expensive as it can be]! So far I've been able to track down most of a date code correct drivetrain as the original was long gone. It will be a long and expensive project, but the time spent on it and the end result will be worth every dime in my mind. Thanks for hearing me out, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to throw out there in the coming months. The knowledge regarding these cars that some of you folks have is incredible! If it's OK, I'll start with this one. My cars build date is 27K, it has a generator charging system that I'm pretty sure is original <i>. Does anyone have a San Jose car built near the end of October with a generator? Looking forward corresponding with you folks. All the best, Malcolm.</i>

• Welcome to the site. Good luck with your project. Throw up some pics when you can.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by - cobraboy on 03/16/2011 02:23:28

• Welcome Malcolm,

I to like you have a Black on Black K which I probably paid too much for but it was what I was looking for(for quit a long time) and it was time to pull the trigger.We also agree on the fact that " digging up parts and the whole restoration process " are the best part.If it was all about making money I would need to find another hobby.Going to swap meets,club meetings,forums like this,and even weekends working on our cars with a few buddies and a couple of beers make it possible for me to function in this world the rest of the time.

Good luck and enjoy

mike

• Welcome aboard...I've got a black on red '65 2+2 K code - had it since 1979 when I was 16 - my first car and I still can't beleive my parents turned me lose in it...but I have a ton of great memories and can't wait to get the car back on the road. I was lucky that most of the original stuff was still there when I got it - but I have had fun locating what wasn't - you are right this is the frustrating and FUN part of the restoration! I've kept it all these years and now the restoration is finally happening...it just takes so much longer than expected!

Enjoy your project and welcome to the site.

• Welcome aboard, Malcolm. You will find many friendly and helpful people here.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!