HiPo parts starting sometime next week

• FYI, I will begin to part out a 1966 K GT Coupe starting next week, approx Sept 12th. Parts will probably be available through Ebay. I will also be parting out a HiPo engine VIN stamped 5F09K679219. That engine is currently a complete long block that was a strong running engine before being pulled from the car several years ago.

A quick list of parts that will be available:

(I will list dates,codes, detailed info, and pictures later)

- 1 VIN stamped block 5F09K679219

- 1 good 289 block correct date code but no VIN stamp

- 2 complete sets of HiPo heads (One set had new valve seats installed in 90)

- 1 4bbl cast iron intake

- 1 set of C7 Hipo Exhaust manifolds

- 2 HiPo harmonic balancers both C5OE

- 2 Motorcraft Dual-point distributors

- 1 Hipo crank

- 1 set of HiPo rods

- 1 set of thick main bearing caps

- 2 counterweights and thin chain gears

- 1 original HiPo fan (has the weight on it)

- 1 complete set of 65 motor mounts (all parts included, even bolts)

- 1 HiPo alternator pulley

- 1 HiPo H-pipe, used but excellent condition

- 2 used GT exh trumpets

- 1 export brace

- 1 Rally pack 8000rpm

- set of GT Foglights

- 1 66 K GT Coupe body minus any HiPo parts except fast ratio steering box

- 1 72 TopLoader wide ratio

- 1 68 302 engine, internal condition unknown at the moment

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I will begin to part out a 1966 K GT Coupe starting next week... I will also be parting out a HiPo engine VIN stamped 5F09K679219. That engine is currently a complete long block that was a strong running engine before being pulled from the car several years ago.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The question is: Can you say what is going to happen to the car(s) that the engine(s) came out of?

• One of the engines I bought in 87 and it wasn't in a car at the time. The VIN stamped engine was from 5F09K679219. I bought the engine when it was in a 66 C coupe in 87. The owner told me that he had totaled the K GT fastback and had put the drivetrain in his wife's C coupe. I resto-moded the car and sold it around 90 in OKC. I installed a standard 289 with 4bbl and kept the HiPo. I wasn't well versed in HiPo tranny's back then and sold the car with the HiPo trans and rearend. SO, if anyone sees a white 66 C coupe with Gold Shelby stipes driving around Oklahoma, it has a HiPo trans and 3.89 9" rearend. I put HiPo badges on the car but never tried to pass it off as a K car. I only did it becuse they looked good and I did have a K engine in the car at the time. If you see the car, and it's like I sold it, you'll definitely recognize it if it's at a local show because I painted the engine compartment gloss white and ran the stripes down the firewall.

• Let me know when your selling the main bearing caps/block and whatever else. I have always wanted to build a hi po but the parts are so hard to find. Also let me know the price your looking for.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!